Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

16 Signins

460 Page Views

• Views: 460
  • Message 1 of 9

SmartActions Crash Apply New Setting

2013-03-07, 20:35 PM

Can anyone help me? Smart Actions is still not working correctly after the newer JB update after I was told not to long ago by support the new update would fix it. If I completely data wipe the app and use the default settings on the suggestions it works. HOWEVER if those are modified in anyway the- smart actions has crashed error pops up when you go to save the new settings. I know its just not me for all you have to do is go read the comments for the app in the play store. Any updates soon or suggestions to fix it?

Answer
Options

7 Posts

04-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0

Re: SmartActions Crash Apply New Setting

2013-04-14, 22:29 PM

razr maxx on JB 4.1.2

Same issue.  Doing anything that resulted in tapping the "I'm done" button caused a crash.

I cleared the data and forced a stop and rebooted my phone, then tried setting up from scratch.  No joy.

What fixed it for me was to turn off developer options.  Perhaps it was just one of the developer settings (I only had a few of them enabled), I haven't tried to isolate it.  Turning the whole area off worked.

Maybe this helps someone.

--appyface

Replies(8)
Options

3 Posts

03-09-2013

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 9

2013-03-09, 10:12 AM

all i can say is " congratulations for jelly bean" update

sorry cant b any help to u

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2013

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2013-04-02, 1:52 AM

I also am having a problem with SmartActions.  If I choose Bluetooth as a trigger and select a paired device (like my car) the SmartActions app crashes.  I've tried rebooting and clearing the cache partition to no avail. Any ideas?

Answer
Options

7 Posts

04-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2013-04-14, 22:29 PM

razr maxx on JB 4.1.2

Same issue.  Doing anything that resulted in tapping the "I'm done" button caused a crash.

I cleared the data and forced a stop and rebooted my phone, then tried setting up from scratch.  No joy.

What fixed it for me was to turn off developer options.  Perhaps it was just one of the developer settings (I only had a few of them enabled), I haven't tried to isolate it.  Turning the whole area off worked.

Maybe this helps someone.

--appyface

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

15 Posts

03-13-2012

United States

16 Signins

460 Page Views

• Views: 460
  • Message 5 of 9

2013-04-16, 3:27 AM

Wow!---with that answer and a flick of the switch its working as its supposed to FINALLY. Now why hasn't Motorola put this in the description of the app or update the app to allow the developer settings to be left on? Anyways thanks so much! Might want to post a comment in the play store of the app and help others that have this same issue that haven't found this forum.

Options

7 Posts

04-18-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2013-04-16, 6:28 AM

@OGMaxx  Thanks for posting that it worked for you, I'm glad I could help.  Good idea about posting on the app in the Play store, I'll do that. Perhaps it will help someone else before it rolls off out of sight.  --appyface

Options

1 Posts

05-06-2012

United States

2 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 7 of 9

2013-05-10, 1:01 AM
If you uncheck "Don't Keep Activities" in Developer Mode, it seems to fix the issue.
Options

8 Posts

12-03-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2013-06-01, 1:08 AM

bsk6294 said:

If you uncheck "Don't Keep Activities" in Developer Mode, it seems to fix the issue.View original

I was having the same problem, only instead of looking for an answer in the forum....I asked Motorola Tech Support. They were stumped and recommended an FDR.

Now this issue has been attached to my log and someone in Level 2 support can add it to their list.

I wonder what the setting "Don't keep activities" is supposed to do. It is set by default.

Options

338 Posts

10-31-2011

Philippines

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2013-06-03, 15:15 PM

I was having the same problem, only instead of looking for an answer in the forum....I asked Motorola Tech Support. They were stumped and recommended an FDR.

Now this issue has been attached to my log and someone in Level 2 support can add it to their list.

I wonder what the setting "Don't keep activities" is supposed to do. It is set by default.

View original

It closes background activities as far as I know. I have a Go launcher app and it crashed when I try to enable "Don't keep activities".. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms