Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

08-24-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

SmartActions: VIP Caller not working on Photon Q

2012-09-06, 20:21 PM

I have a Sprint Motorola Photon Q and have tried several ways of creating SmartActions with the VIP Caller mode.  All other features/triggers I've tried with SmartActions work fine, but as soon as I add the VIP Caller item with a few contacts in the list (or any number of contacts for that matter), it fails.  I am trying to create a Sleep Mode similar to the default Sleep/Bedtime mode that will silence the phone at night except for certain callers.  the issue I am having is that it recognizes all the triggers and puts the phone to silent for a split second, then right back to audible.  The silent icon flashes in the top bar for that split second and then right back, so I can see that SA completes the trigger to make the phone silent, but when it gets to the point where it should apply the VIP Caller settings, it just makes it audible rings for everyone and turns all the sounds back on!  If I unattach the VIP Caller mode from the rule, SA applies the silent feature and everything is silent as it should be (just not with VIP caller, so everyone is silent).  

Is this an issue specific to the Photon Q?  

-Ryan

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: SmartActions: VIP Caller not working on Photon Q

2012-09-08, 1:36 AM

It would help if you list all the triggers in your rule. are you just doing a time of day for a trigger? And then what things are you doing? just silent, or other things as well?

If you have more then i listed above, have you tried a simple rule - time frame as trigger, silent is the action, VIP with one person as the exception.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms