Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-27-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

SmartActions on 4.4

2014-05-27, 12:18 PM

My phone just updated to 4.4 last week. Since then, SmartActions will change the ringer volume based on location stop working periodically. For example I have it set to put the phone on vibrate when at work. It recongizes my location and shows that smart action is enabled, but the phone will still have the ringer turned on. When this SmartAction first activates it does put the phone in vibrate mode, but after a bit (haven't determined how long yet- seems like sometimes it's a few minutes, sometimes might work for a while), it reverts back to the ringer being on. If I turn that SmartAction off then back on again the phone will return to vibrate only but again after a few minutes the ringer is back on.

Options

19 Posts

11-27-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: SmartActions on 4.4

2014-06-14, 0:00 AM

I use Lamma for location based actions. It cooperates nicely with Smart Actions on 4.4.  It also worked with the two prior OS versions on my Razr M phone.

Options

9 Posts

03-16-2015

Italy

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: SmartActions on 4.4

2015-03-16, 6:01 AM

The Kit Kat update did bring changes to Location Services.  It was quite specific before: either GPS satellite capability was ON or OFF, now it's kinda weird to me: it's High Accuracy, Battery Saving or Device Only (which says GPS only) so it's very confusing.

The other thing to say is determining location to trigger an action is very persnickety as there are so many ways to determine location. Sounds like Smart Actions keeps thinking you've left the location and sets a different ringer profile. Very embarassing if you're at work eh?  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms