Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-15-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Trigger rules (logic)

2014-06-24, 3:33 AM

If this has been answered before, my apologies; I just couldn't find it.

Multiple triggers (to perform an action) appear to operate as 'or' logic.  ie: any trigger will cause the action.

Question: is there any way to make the triggers act in 'and' logic?  ie:  all of the multiple triggers listed must be true before the action will occur.

This feature along with a 'not' feature would make this app very powerful.  Thanks

Options

478 Posts

01-15-2015

Canada

110 Signins

1187 Page Views

• Views: 1187
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Trigger rules (logic)

2015-02-03, 19:22 PM

My experience with Smart Actions indicates that they are already using "and" logic. For example if i set the sleep rule to activate when I am charging the device "and" within a certain time frame the phone will go to silent mode. Hope this answers your question.

Jason van de Laar
Options

9 Posts

03-16-2015

Italy

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Trigger rules (logic)

2015-03-16, 5:49 AM

My answer is to switch to Tasker. It's geekier and less user friendly than Smart Actions but infinitely more powerful and satisfying because you can get your trigger and action EXACTLY as you like it.  So you can have your AND or your ORs.  :)  Heh, you can have it all!!  But it takes a bit to come up to snuff, it's sort of a dev app for developers, so you have to enter that world.  People do post and share profiles they have created to do things so that's a good place to get started. 

Smart Actions is dead; Motorola won't be modifying it to add features, they already have done so with Assist which doesn't run on our phones.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms