Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

VIP Group

2012-06-11, 4:31 AM

All of my attempts to create a Smart Action rule that works have failed.  Whether location, time of day or calendar evnt.  I would like to use a Contact Group as my VIP caller in an SA rule, but just a VIP list of individual contacts doesn't work.  Rule activation is inconsistant.

After creating a calendar event silent rule, haptic is no longer active and arbitrarily decides which VIP contact gets through.  Even the VIP contacts get the event message confusing me and them.  Is there a way to just Auto Reply to all contacts exceptmy VIP list and leave everything else active on the phone?

Options

140 Posts

02-15-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: VIP Group

2012-06-29, 18:44 PM

Smart Action doesn't have the concept of contact groups in VIP yet.

Don't have Auto Reply to all contacts except my VIP list. I'm trying to think if there is another way of doing what you're asking but can't think of one yet.

FYI- There is a new Smart Actions release https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.contextual.smartrules&hl=en

Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2012-06-29, 19:24 PM
Happy Friday Expert:
Is there a way to set Smart Actions app back to original /default settings. No matter what I do to attempt starting new the times stay set. Will getting new version help?
Options

91 Posts

05-01-2012

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2012-06-30, 23:07 PM

Hi Expert:

ICS and Smart Actions are working smoother.  Do you anticipate repeating audible notifications?  In Smart Actions, Missed Call, there is an Action option of; at the begining or the end of the Rule.  My query is; if there is a missed call, can you create an action to optionally notify with a repeatable audible ringtone at variable time increments?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms