Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Older Devices ArchiveSMARTACTIONS™
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

05-22-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

VIP callers and Smart Actions sleep rule

2013-05-23, 21:42 PM

I've got a problem with the sleep rule in smart actions. Much like many users the VIP callers do not actually ring when sleep rules are active.Have been doing some research on this, and it seems like this is a long standing issue and known problem, with posts on various forums going back over two years. Some users say it works until someone outside the VIP list calls and then no calls ring through, but I haven't been that fortunate...it just doesn't work at all. I like turning off the sound at night so that notifications don't come through which used to wake me up, but I need to be able to have the VIP callers get through if needed, particularly my aging parents (father has been diagnosed with cancer). Does anyone know if anything is being done to correct this? This was actually one of the smart actions that was useful to me (the rest are kinda useless to me, I don't use my phone as an audio player so the workout function is kinda dumb) I'm using the latest update for SmartActions that supposedly fixed some bugs caused by the Jelly Bean update but SmartActions seem not be working right (had trouble turning off actions - it wouldn't let me until I rebooted 3 times) Anyway will the VIP callers issue ever be fixed?

Options

338 Posts

10-31-2011

Philippines

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: VIP callers and Smart Actions sleep rule

2013-05-24, 1:01 AM

Hi! I'll make sure to bring this to the team yes For the meantime have you tried re creating your SmartActions? Did you create your rule from scratch or did you use a suggested one? 

Options

9 Posts

05-22-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2013-05-24, 1:07 AM

Tried both. Also cleared app data cache and tried both ways. Just doesn't seem to work and its a bit frustrating as this is apparently a long standing issue with app. Gave up and instalked bedside(night clock) will see how that works.

Options

338 Posts

10-31-2011

Philippines

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2013-05-24, 1:11 AM

Thanks for the update! please keep us posted..

Options

2 Posts

05-16-2013

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2013-09-21, 0:40 AM

This used to work, but I didn't note what version of SA broke it.  Unfortunately, since it mutes all calls but the VIPs, it didn't surface as a problem until several (3/4?) months ago.  I have also removed all VIPs and then restored them, but I haven't deleted the Sleep Rule and started over again.

For shift workers and emergency workers, it is VERY important!

Thanks,

Steve

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms