Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 2,684
Message 1 of 4

BIOS updates for Meltdown and Spectre on W510/T510

Hi Lenovo,

I see you updated the list of systems that will be patched to include W520.  Any chance you will add T510/W510.  Many of us still continue to use these systems on a daily basis.  That would be great if you could.

thanks!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Kacperas
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,615
Message 2 of 4

Re: BIOS updates for Meltdown and Spectre on W510/T510

At this moment is more unlikely, that xx10 series will receive update. These devices are marked as EOL and as they stayed, these devices will not be further updated by Lenovo,

https://download.lenovo.com/eol/

My only advice is to check link below for updates:

https://support.lenovo.com/uu/en/solutions/len-18282

------
Guru
Views: 2,585
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

thanks for responding.  I know W510 has been EOL.  That was true too when Lenovo patched the Intel ME problem earlier in 2017 for the T510/W510.   Just hoping they patch this because it affects so many computers. 

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

tonythaiger
Paper Tape
Views: 1,294
Message 4 of 4

I'm also using a T510 and am angered and disappointed that Lenovo has chosen to not implement BIOS updates to address the spectre/meltdown vulnerabilities in these machines.  Intel has released microcode updates to address the spectre/meltdown vulnerabilities in the processors used in these machines and all Lenovo needs to do is to implement them in a BIOS update but they're too cheap/lazy to do so.  I can somewhat understand if Lenovo no longer wants to support these machines due to their age, but at least protect user's data by releasing a new BIOS update that incororates Intel's microcode update.  It is the ethical thing to do.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors