Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
4chantard
Not applicable
Views: 1,617
Message 1 of 3

Computer and Recover program won't boot after virus forces me to format C: drive.

I recently got the MS antispyware 2009 virus which made me lose my internet, task manager, regedit, disk management, and rpc server. It also made my settings all retarded. I had the classic start up screen, and classic windows screens and taskbar. Even though I had my settings set to the newer windows settings. I tried to use the rescue and recovery program from windows and had no success in recovering. I also tried pressing F11 during startup to try and enter the rescue and recovery program again with no success. And by that I mean I couldn't enter the program. I got tired of troubleshooting and said screw it and opened partition manager and tried formatting my c: drive. I tried to do it from my computer but I couldn't. I turned my computer back on and it wont boot anything. It shows the think center screen and then goes to a blank black screen. F11 still doesn't work and I'm now at a stand still. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
4chantard
Not applicable
Views: 1,595
Message 2 of 3

Re: Computer and Recover program won't boot after virus forces me to format C: drive.

I just thought I'd add, all I want is to be able to reinstall my operationg system and then use the recovery program to back it up to before I got the virus. Any Ideas would be great.
fahadsikder
Not applicable
Views: 1,490
Message 3 of 3

Re: Computer and Recover program won't boot after virus forces me to format C: drive.

I have a similar probem,due to some virus my whole Think program got deleted including many other files and no chanse for recovery.

I thought of formating and reinstaling Xp but the cd dosen't boot.It comes to the ThinkCenter screen then the curser flashes and the error as follows "error Loading Operating System".Im searching the whole site to find solution since 2 days.I don't even have a recovery cd as the PC was second hand.Please hep.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals