Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCIIT
Paper Tape
Views: 5,427
Message 1 of 4

Device Guard BIOS Setting?

T460s and T470s have a Device Guard setting in the BIOS. According to this article (https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht503039), only ThinkPad devices with this setting are officially supported for Device Guard. However, I would like a more detailed explanation of what the BIOS setting actually does or what feature it enables. We have some older model ThinkPads that meet system requirements for device guard according to Microsoft that do not have the BIOS option for enabling device guard, so we are looking for further information in order to move forward. 

Thanks for any input. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,384
Message 2 of 4

Re: Device Guard BIOS Setting?

you might read this:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ash/2016/03/02/windows-10-device-guard-and-credential-guard-demy...

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
bobNOTurUNCLE
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,088
Message 3 of 4

I have the same question about this feature, using the X1 extreme; I am worried about the boot order being locked & not being able to use USB Flash to repair / re-install MS OS. For reasons unknown, I cannot place the USB F to the top of the boot order list. Details seem to be scarce on this -even with the instructions!
Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,044
Message 4 of 4

With Device Guard enabled, boot order is locked to internal drive only.  USB boot is not possible.  But you can always go into BIOS setup and disable Device Guard if you need to boot to USB.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors