Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjp671
Fanfold Paper
Views: 340
Message 1 of 6

Did Lenovo get Hacked or Just Down?

Was in the middle of going through a ticket I submitted on the Managed Technical Support Access site when all of a sudden I got logged out and a different main page appeared than usual. When going to the main MTS website, there'll be a split second redirect with a /KodiakWeb at the end of the address that wasn't there earlier. I only noticed it because when I tried logging in again it I'm not registered in the URL. That was when I started noticing the change in homescreen, the quick redirect, and even lack of a New User option. 

Also, immediately following, the Lenovo main website became inaccessible with a landing page showing the phone numbers for immediate assistance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 300
Message 2 of 6

Re: Did Lenovo get Hacked or Just Down?

I have seen nothing related.  It sounds more like your computer was infected with something.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
mjp671
Fanfold Paper
Views: 289
Message 3 of 6

Not sure why this was moved to malware under the operating system thread when we never verified that was the case. 

Did you go to www.lenovo.com? or even www.managedtechsupportaccess.com? My computer being infected wouldn't cause Lenovo's main webpage to be taken down in the middle of working hours.

I was on the phone going through my ticket with a rep named Jordan or John from the main services number when even he started having problems accessing lenovo's web services.

I did a premium malwarebytes scan and it was all clear.

Tried accessing these sites from other devices and same results as well.

I'm only asking this question because I am concerned about my private information and login credentials stored w/ Lenovo.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 263
Message 4 of 6

I've been able to access both without issue today. How many hours ago did this happen? I'll look around to see if there are any other reports.

@mjp671 wrote: My computer being infected wouldn't cause Lenovo's main webpage to be taken down in the middle of working hours.

Malware could cause a redirect.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

mjp671
Fanfold Paper
Views: 221
Message 5 of 6

It happened during my call, which was 11 hours ago according to my phone. The lenovo.com site was unavailable until about an hour ago at most.

The managed tech support website is still different and inaccessible as of this post.

Both sites changed at the time of my call 

Also, thank you for asking around. 

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 121
Message 6 of 6

The bottom line is that it does not seem likely that both sites would have a problem at the same time. Are you using other security besides MBAM, and did you scan with your resident AV as well?

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale