Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abishek20
What's DOS?
Views: 1,071
Message 1 of 2

G530 Virus issue

I got a rogue s/w launched from a site. It is called antivirus system pro. Unfortunately I am not able to recover it using any of the virus removal tools online. I have tried system restore, and can see a bunch of restore points, but it still doesnt work.

I tried the one touch system recovery (button next to power) and it doesnt do anything except reboot the system. I purchased this from a store where the owner installed Win XP pro on it.

I dont have a recovery disk. Does the Lenovo driver s/w disk also contain my recovery for win XP pro?

Should I try to buy a recovery disk for Win xp pro?

All options I have tried so far I have tried in normal mode and safe mode with networking.

Any other suggestions? Please help, I am not an expert at virus removal, so I am refraining from manual removal.

Thanks

ZOOM1
Punch Card
Views: 1,035
Message 2 of 2

Re: G530 Virus issue

go to www.malwarebytes.org, and download the free anti-malware program. Start your computer in "safe-mode with network support", and then install the anti-malware program, allow it to update (if you don't boot with network support, then it can't update from the internet) and then run the quick-scan. There is very little in the way of current rogue security malware that this program cannot remove. It is highly effective.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors