Options

148 Posts

03-11-2010

US

105 Signins

1116 Page Views

• Views: 1116
  • Message 1 of 7

I am redirected when I right click on Window 7 OS (C) then left click on Properties

2015-03-23, 17:03 PM

Greetings to all, I have Windows 7 OS 64--bit.Trend--Micro for security. i have been downloading MS Security Essentials, twice a day. When i right click on Windows 7 OS ©, and then left click Properties. I am redirected, sometines repeatedly, to View basic information about your computer. Why is this happening ? Is this a sign of being infected ? How do I scan to remove the hijacking software ? What do I need to know about scanning in the safe mode ? Any ohter suggestions ? Thank you. Ldxrunner

Options

2373 Posts

05-01-2010

US

12619 Signins

145583 Page Views

• Views: 145583
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: I am redirected when I right click on Window 7 OS (C) then left click on Properties

2015-03-24, 0:24 AM

Hi Ldxrunner,

Welcome to Lenovo Community.

Are you saying that you are using Trend Micro Internet Security as well as Microsoft Security Essentials? Both have anti-virus components that may be conflicting.

When you say that you are "redirected" is that on your local computer or are you sent to an online site?

Let's see if we can figure out what is going on.

Download Security Check by screen317 and save it to your Desktop: http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/SecurityCheck.exe or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Run Security Check

• Windows 7 - Right click and select "Run as Administrator"

Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the command window.

A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; Save that log.

We will need this log, so remember where you've saved it!

Close Notepad.

Please  copy/paste the log into your next reply.

If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-Present
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Using Browser Search to Find Your Answers In Lenovo and Moto Community
Options

148 Posts

03-11-2010

US

105 Signins

1116 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

Re: I am redirected when I right click on Window 7 OS (C) then left click on Properties

2015-03-24, 18:25 PM

Greetings to all, Thank you for responding. I am redirected on my local computer to View basic information your computer. Here is the log. Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.99
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 11
[b][u]``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````[/b][/u]
Windows Firewall Enabled!
Microsoft Security Essentials
Antivirus up to date!
[b][u]`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````[/b][/u]
[color=red][b]Java version 32-bit out of Date![/b][/color]
Adobe Flash Player 17.0.0.141
Adobe Reader XI
Mozilla Firefox (36.0.4)
Google Chrome (41.0.2272.101)
[b][u]````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````[/b][/u]
Microsoft Security Essentials MSMpEng.exe
Microsoft Security Essentials msseces.exe
Trend Micro Trend Micro Online Guardian for Families v1.5 SfComSrv.exe
Trend Micro Trend Micro Online Guardian for Families v1.5 SfWdAgnt.exe
Trend Micro Trend Micro Online Guardian for Families v1.5 UfSeAgnt.exe
Trend Micro Encryption for Email bin smss.exe -?-
Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell.exe
Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog.exe
Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost.exe
Trend Micro Encryption for Email bin ppauxsrv.exe
Trend Micro Trend Micro Online Guardian for Families v1.5 SfComSrv.exe
Trend Micro Trend Micro Online Guardian for Families v1.5 UfSeAgnt.exe
Trend Micro Encryption for Email bin ppSrv.exe
Trend Micro Encryption for Email bin TmecSrv.exe
Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiSeAgnt.exe
Trend Micro SafeSync HrfsClient.exe
Trend Micro SafeSync hrfscore.exe
Trend Micro Browser Guard BGUI.exe
Trend Micro Encryption for Email bin pptray.exe
Trend Micro Browser Guard tmiegsrv.exe
Trend Micro Encryption for Email bin audiodg.exe -?-
Trend Micro Encryption for Email bin -?-
[b][u]`````````````````System Health check`````````````````[/b][/u]
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
[b][u]````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````[/b][/u] 

Options

2373 Posts

05-01-2010

US

12619 Signins

145583 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2015-03-24, 20:01 PM

Thank you for posting the log. Please delete Security Check from your desktop.
On my Windows 7 Pro computer, when I click on Properties, I see a window titled Windows7_ OS (C) Properties with tabs about the operating system. Is that what you see?

Your log shows that your Java is outdated. That is a security issue.  If you don't need it, I suggest removing it via Programs>Uninstall. I removed it from my computers a while back. If you find that you need it, you can always reinstall it.If you want to keep it and update the latest version is Java 8 update 40. This release is classified as a "Limited Update", which has an expiration date of 14 April 2015, when a new release with security vulnerability fixes is expected to become available.

If you decide to keep Java and simply update, here are the instructions:

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

• Download the latest version ofJava.
  • You will find it here: http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4648
  • Click the "Download" button. Make sure you do not by accident download any of the other programs advertised on that page.
  • Do not install it yet.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Programs and Features and UNINSTALL all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each of the Java versions.
    Close Remove Programs.
  • In Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Java <--this folder. Delete any subfolders.
    * Do NOT delete C:\Program Files\JavaVM =this folder, if found!
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Following that, from your desktop double-click on the file that you downloaded to install the newest version.
  • NOTE: This is ad-supported. Therefore, as always during installations, beware of any pre-checked option to install a toolbar, etc.. If you do not want it, UNcheck it.

Delete the downloaded installation file after completing the above procedure and reboot if not prompted to do so.

Note: The Java Quick Starter (JQS.exe) adds a service to improve the initial startup time of Java applets and applications.

To disable the JQS service if you don't want to use it:

* Go to Start-->Control Panel-->Java-->Advanced-->Miscellaneous and uncheck the box for Java Quick Starter.

* Click Ok and reboot your computer.

I would suggest an anti-malware scan, however I am reluctant to do so because of possible conflicts as long as you have Trend Micro on there. Trend Micro security applications conflict with many programs, including Microsoft Security Essentials. More info here:

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1061023.aspx

Options

148 Posts

03-11-2010

US

105 Signins

1116 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2015-03-25, 19:57 PM

Greetings Bugbatter, I need Java for mathemawtics programs. Is Personal Software Inspector (PSI) worthy of downloading ? This is a work in  progress ? Ldxrunner

Options

2373 Posts

05-01-2010

US

12619 Signins

145583 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2015-03-26, 0:32 AM

Did you update Java?
Yes, PSI is fine. It would be good to download it from Secunia rather than download.com because download.com has been known to bundle unwanted applications with their downloads. Over the years, there have been a few issues with Secunia's missing updates, but it eventually catches up.

You are asking if this is a work in progress? It's up to you. Security is my specialty, but I'm not sure if you are dealing with a malware issue. It seems like more of a Windows issue if you have the problem offline.

If you want to download the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware and temporarily disable Trend Micro while scanning, let me know so I can post instructions.

As far as Safemode, see if you get the same "redirect" while running in Safemode. When you reboot you will return to Normal Mode.

Otherwise, my suggestion is to post the required DDS logs on the Malware Removal Forum at SpywareHammer and have the staff trained in malware removal walk you through the diagnostic logs and a cleanup if needed. They do not use remote access but will advise you step-by-step on what you can do. Please do not attempt to run any additional scans, install software, or use any other tools until an analyst can advise you on the next step. Please use the same username there as you have here. Help is free.  There are no advertisements or trackers on the site as some of the other security forums have, but you will need to register at SpywareHammer and follow the posting instructions.

Options

1 Posts

12-14-2016

IN

18 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 7 of 7

Re:I am redirected when I right click on Window 7 OS (C) then left click on Properties

2020-09-10, 18:23 PM

I miss os how to get and reset pc

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete