Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 1 of 3 (1,508 Views)

Is Conexant driver for Lenovo computers key logging passwords?

Hello

I have read on Ars Technica about a vulnerability on Conexant audio driver. While the page has more focus on HP devices, my Lenovo Ideapad 310 has a Conexant chip and, consequently, Conexant drivers.

As stated on the news page, the bug would allow any software to keylog what is pressed on keyboard, including passwords.

Are Lenovo computers with Conexant audio drivers vulnerable to this?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Message 2 of 3 (1,427 Views)

Re: Is Conexant driver for Lenovo computers key logging passwords?

Lenovo is aware of this issue and has taken steps to discover if any Lenovo products may be impacted. Once more information is available customers will be updated.

Administrator
Message 3 of 3 (1,347 Views)

Re: Is Conexant driver for Lenovo computers key logging passwords?

Hello FurretUber,

Thank you for asking the question. Clearly this is an issue which will have concerned other customers, not just yourself, and after a thorough investigation we have received confirmation today that Lenovo products are not affected by the recent Conexant keylogger issue.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Top kudoed Authors