cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aarad
What's DOS?
Views: 5,181
Message 31 of 74

Re: Warning!! Lenovo Pre-Installed Software ....

Adware manufactures are very active these days.

Another pest was search protect by Conduit.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,096
Message 32 of 74

Re: Warning!! Lenovo Pre-Installed Software ....

Microsoft has pushed out an update to Windows Defender. It is removing the Superfish certificate. This will help protect those who were not aware of issue or did not know how to remove the certificate. However, the Firefox certificate remains in place.

I'll try to update this post if anything changes.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

kingofthenet
What's DOS?
Views: 4,928
Message 33 of 74

Re: Potentially Unwanted Program

I have this garbage on my Y50, in the mean time Lenovo should send us all the latest straight Windows 8.1 on thumb drives so we can do a clean install.

Moderator Note: Post edited per forum rules.

Former Administrator
Views: 4,801
Message 34 of 74

UPDATE -  Lenovo has updated the removal instructions for superfish to address both the application and the certificates for multiple browsers including Firefox.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish_uninstall

Flepi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,470
Message 35 of 74

I should see this post before...^^'

pelicanpete
Paper Tape
Views: 3,102
Message 36 of 74

Can you advise when there will be a tool to COMPLETELY remove this from machines please - i.e. a vanilla install of Windows. The recovery partition and backups still have Superfish and the dangerous certificates on. This is a litmus test of how serious and sorry Lenovo actually is (rather than corporate crocodile tears and some wordsmith crafted text on how important 'security' is to the company).

Admin Update - > Complete automated removal tool available for download here.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/product_security/superfish_uninstall

Zachs
What's DOS?
Views: 2,130
Message 37 of 74

Well, lenovo, you've basically flushed your credibility down the drain. Good luck getting people to actually think about buying your products now. Having your mods tailor the posts isn't helping you either I'm afraid.

beli9s
Paper Tape
Views: 2,055
Message 38 of 74

Re: Potentially Unwanted Program - Superfish VisualDiscovery

Hello sorry if i ask the same question than another in this part of the forum... I m french and and i had my lenovo G50-30 3 mpnth ago... Yesterday morning i found an article on the Web that thraet about superfish and saw hiw to uninstall it but since i ve done it anytimes i want to surf on internet (Google Chrome or explorer) it does not recognise the sercurity certificats and so i always have this error message and i can t for example go on yoitube or on this forum (i m writting with my phone now...)...
Could you help me!!! Please!!!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,980
Message 39 of 74

This is the first time that I have heard of this. Did you remove the certificate manually? If so, are you sure you removed the correct one?  This is a user to user forum. We do not work for Lenovo. Perhaps if someone else has the same problem he or she will let us know.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

beli9s
Paper Tape
Views: 1,944
Message 40 of 74

Hello! Many thanks for your answer.. Yes i ve done it manually but i m sure to have done exactly how it s explained in the instructions link written higher.. In fact i passed time Yesterday night on my computer to look foward the problem... And i saw that superfish deliver the Google certificat (i understood that liké that but i m not sure.. ) so i ve launched a restart system previous the T time of the unistallation.. When it was finished there were à errir error message that said that tthe recovery hadn't function.. But my internet was successfully in order!! So i had nothing understand but now it s ok...
And finally superfish is still uninstalled!!!!
(i m very sorry for my very approximative english!!!)
Many thanks and Hope my experience Will bring something for all lenovo's users!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors