Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S10e_Ken
Blue Screen Again
Views: 765
Message 1 of 3

S10e has a virus. Help!

My trusty S10e has picked up the lousy "MS Removal Tool" trojan.  I find methods on the internet to clean it off, but they require puting the computer in SAFE mode with networking.  I can find no mention of how to get into SAFE mode in the Lenovo documentation.  (This insidious trojan prevents all otherwise-useable functions that would allow me to clean it up, but I apparently need SAFE mode with networking to do the job.)

Any experience issue out there?  Thanks.

And beware of this trojan:  Don't buy the bogus "software" they try to sucker you into buying--you'll only end up giving out information you don't want them to have, and you'll get nothing but pain in return!!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 754
Message 2 of 3

Re: S10e has a virus. Help!

when you see lenovo logo at start-up, press f8 to load safe mode then right click > run administrator and run the application.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 748
Message 3 of 3

Re: S10e has a virus. Help!

S10e, you did not mention which sites you found those tutorials on. Some of the sites which offer information for removing rogue infections, actually can download additional malware to your computer and make things worse..

Here is a reputable site with a good removal guide for that infection:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-ms-removal-tool

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors