Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 2 (795 Views)

Yoga 3 msn homepage. Malware?????

I consider myself pretty clued-up with computer problems. However, this issue has got me beat. I have a Yoga 3, and i can not change the IE homepage from the preprogrammed MSN homepage. Iv tried all the usual ways, and iv also checked for Lenovo Browser Guard, which i know has been used in the past. Surely there must be some kind of preinstalled malware, thanks to Lenovo? Any ideas please

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 2 (779 Views)

Re: Yoga 3 msn homepage. Malware?????

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Have you tried changing your homepage in Safe Mode?

I'm not sure what you are referring to as "malware". In the past Lenovo installed a couple of applications picked up by anti-malware scanners as "potentially unwanted programs", but those pre-installs are no longer being done. Sometimes there is a problem because a security application is preventing changes as a way to immunize against bad changes. That's good, but it also can prevent good changes.

After rebooting into Normal Mode, if you still have a problem, please run FileLister Mini so I can take a look at what might be installed that could interfere with your changes.

* In order to prevent conflicts, you may need to disable your anti-virus/anti-spyware before downloading and running this.

Please go to HERE and download FLMini.zip
Save it to your Desktop
Some Browsers such as Chrome will save to your Downloads folder.
If you see a warning or something similar from your anti-virus at any point: "FLMini.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous" (or is a Trojan)->> Select Keep
Open the Downloads folder ->> Copy and paste FLMini.zip to your Desktop
Rt. Click ->> Extract all ->> And extract it to your Desktop
Open the FLMini Folder.
Double Click FLMini.exe ->>
As the program runs, a small window will open to let you know the progress of the scan, and when it is finished. The scan will take a few minutes. It may seem as if it is not doing anything. Please be patient.
When the program is finished it will produce a log for you MiniReport.txt
Copy and paste the contents of that log into your next reply.
MiniReport.txt can be found in the FLMini Folder.

* Please delete the FLMini folders from your desktop when your issue has been resolved and your forum topic is finished.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer