Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkpc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,618
Message 11 of 16

Re: firmware rootkit

GMER reported changes to the master boot record, a notification of rootkit behavior in the operating system and infected hidden files in system32. After i reprogramed the master boot record i was unable to replicate the report, but the network activities and firewall rules remains

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,604
Message 12 of 16

OK, this is not a firmware issue, chances are this is a standard rootkit problem. I can help you clean your system up, but I recommend that we move this to the Spywarehammer Forum. We have a bit more latitude there on what we can do on the forum. It is free, just as here. If you want to do this, you will need to sign up ad then follow the instructions in this post, http://spywarehammer.com/post-here-for-malware-removal/(new-instructions!)-what-do-i-do-first I will keep an eye out for your signup so I can approve it right away.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
fkpc
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,594
Message 13 of 16

Ok, will do, thank you Smiley Happy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,561
Message 14 of 16

@fkpc wrote:

update.... HitmanPro is beeing blocked and cant run :/ TDSSKiller is detecting some unsigned files but noting more.. No i haven't used any 3rd party firmware or software, everything is genuine from lenovo and windows!

Glad to see that you will be working over at SpywareHammer. Please do not run any additional tools/scans until a trained staff member can work with you over there to give you step-by-step instructions.  Thank you.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,542
Message 15 of 16

The link in my previous post was messed up a bit, It is fixed now. You should be able to use it.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,463
Message 16 of 16

This malware removal topic is continued here: http://spywarehammer.com/post-here-for-malware-removal/possible-rootkit/

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors