Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob-s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 286
Message 1 of 15

Home view issue - multiple lights in one room

I received the update and now have home view on my Smart Display.   The issue is that when there is more than one light in a room, it will only show all the lights as one icon with the number of lights in that room (4), and will only control all the lights in that room as a group at once. I do not have access to the lights individually.  It does not matter if I go directly into "lights" or go  to "view rooms", it's the same.  The video of the google home hub shows that it should show the lights individually, but it does not.   I am using Smartthings lights, it has always worked fine for me from the Google Home App on my phone.  However, the change in the Home App now makes you scroll to the room, then click on the room name again to see the individual lights.  Home view on the Smart Display does not have a provision for this.  

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 260
Message 2 of 15

Re: Home view issue - multiple lights in one room

Hi bob-s!

Welcome to the community forums.

If the control feature for the lights is not visible on the Home View, it is not included on the recent update. You can also check this discussion in our community for more information of the update that you received https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Smart-Display-with-Google/New-features-coming-to-Smart-Display-Oct-22nd....

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

bob-s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 159
Message 3 of 15

Problem with Multiple lights in Home view

Multiple lights in one room issue......

I received the update and now have home view on my Smart Display.   An issue is that when there is more than one light in a room, it will only show all the lights as one icon with the number of lights in that room (4), and will only control all the lights in that room as a group at once. I do not have access to the lights individually.  It does not matter if I go directly into "lights" or go  to "view rooms", it's the same.  The video of the google home hub shows that it should show the lights individually, but it does not.   I am using Smartthings lights, it has always worked fine for me from the Google Home App on my phone.  However, the change in the Home App now makes you scroll to the room, then click on the room name again to see the individual lights.  Home view on the Smart Display does not have a provision for this. 

Admin edit: moved to a separate topic.

Gtalk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 125
Message 4 of 15

Re: Problem with Multiple lights in Home view

I just updated to new system update. On home view the only way I could get individual control of each lights was to not put lights into rooms. Labeled each one as a custom room name to get control.

Gtalk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 245
Message 5 of 15

Work around to control lights. Use custom label for rooms and label each one as a individual room. Not ideal but only way I could figure out way to control each light.

bob-s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 210
Message 6 of 15

Thank you for the idea.  I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue.  I hope that Lenovo is working on this.

Highlighted
bdavison2011
What's DOS?
Views: 153
Message 7 of 15

Hello,

this is feature was included with the update but there is an issue with it. It’s an issue with the home control screen. When you click on the lights in a room it’s should be showing 3 options (they show on google home hub) Brightness, Color, and x lights. The smart display has the first two but not the last. The last option allows you to select individual lights to control instead of the entire group on lights in that room. This was built into the home control update from google but isn’t working on any Lenovo Smart Display. This needs to be looked into. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 144
Message 8 of 15

Hi all, 

I am looking into the issue and have raised the concern. Will keep you updated.

I don't own a Google device but online I see that the hub behaves exactly the same as Lenovo's:

google-home-hub-lights-100776174-large.jpg

I don't see a third option there.

@bdavison2011 You got a picture of the Google menu that shows the 3rd option?

Miguel Gonzalez
Community Service Readiness, Spanish & Gaming Community Leader

bdavison2011
What's DOS?
Views: 136
Message 9 of 15

11A7F4AF-C25B-4807-B55C-D435CAD6599A.png

BDDA4200-6598-41E4-A51C-E243667D5192.png

Here are the examples. Thanks for looking into this. It’s a major need for the smart display and the main reason I purchased it.  

bob-s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 75
Message 10 of 15

Re: Problem with Multiple lights in Home view

Thank you for the work-around.   I am hoping for a solution from Lenovo, since it is an obvious bug.  Thank you again.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors