cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 5,847
Message 1 of 65

New features coming to Smart Display (Oct 22nd)

Starting today and rolling out over the next few weeks you will start to see these features coming to the Lenovo Smart Display:

You will know you have the update if your device version is 3.63.43

Major updates to your Smart Display:

Previewed at our recent Made by Google event, these new features will roll out to the entire family of Smart Displays over the next few weeks: 

• With multi-room audio, you can add your Smart Display to a speaker group and play music throughout the house.

• With Live Albums from Google Photos, your Ambient Mode will always show off the best photos of your favorite people and pets without you having to curate them. It will also make sure to pick your best photos, so that receipts, screenshots, duplicates, and blurry or sensitive photos will not appear on your Smart Display.

• With Nest Hello Doorbell, your Smart Display will now show who is at the door when someone rings, and allows you to send quick responses.

• With Home View, you can see and control all of your smart home devicesin a single dashboard by swiping down from the top edge of your Smart Display.

• Your Google Assistant can now also control many popular media and entertainment devices, including TVs (Hisense, Philips, Sharp,Sony, Vizio, Xiaomi), set top boxes (Dish, Foxtel, nVidia Shield, Sling, Vodafone), speakers (Denon), smart remotes (Logitech Harmony) with many more coming soon from Caavo, LG, Panasonic, Roku®, Telus, and Telstra. Enjoy universal controls to power devices on and off, adjust playback/volume, and browse a visual channel guide—all by touch or by voice on your Smart Display.

Miguel Gonzalez
Community Service Readiness, Spanish & Gaming Community Leader

wildta
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,703
Message 2 of 65

Re: New features coming to Smart Display (Oct 22nd)

How do we know if we received the update? 

vinceman
What's DOS?
Views: 5,676
Message 3 of 65

I checked out the home hub in stores today and the screen is too small for me. I am considering the 10" Lenovo. With this coming update on the Lenovo, are there any missing features, compared with the home hub that I should know about?

kantonaxtwoo
What's DOS?
Views: 5,600
Message 4 of 65

That is great to see as I am really looking to use the home view update. Any way to have the display check for an update or request for the update now?

miniz1998
Punch Card
Views: 5,597
Message 5 of 65

If I say play music it's saying sorry I can't do that yet. It didn't update to newest software yet .Why is it saying this .never had a problem .tried restarting and still won't work .

jtks45
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,396
Message 6 of 65

Dang. I hope my LSD gets the update soon lol
It is tough waiting when you know the update is out there.

paulbrown
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,930
Message 7 of 65

just got mine .. and it's missing the update.

do you know what the hold up is ?

iammattperry
Punch Card
Views: 4,880
Message 8 of 65

I would recommend reading the post.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 4,648
Message 9 of 65

@wildta

You can swipe up from the bottom of the screen and click on the settings icon and it will display version: 3.63.43

Miguel Gonzalez
Community Service Readiness, Spanish & Gaming Community Leader

BigBoyLaroux
802.11n
Views: 4,513
Message 10 of 65

I said - "Hey Google, check for update", and it said to just leave my device connected and it will download updates when available.  Wish you could force check an update.

Top Kudoed Authors