Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fromfree
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 63,134
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo HW01 smart bracelet privacy disclaimer

Hi,

I recently bought a Lenovo HW01 smart bracelet but I can't find a privacy disclaimer to know where my personal data is stored.

The companion app is this

and it does not say anything about privacy policies. Also the support from the app does not respond to emails, and even official Lenovo social media accounts have not answered me.

Is this an official product from Lenovo or not!?

SeniorGuru
Views: 62,819
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo HW01 smart bracelet privacy disclaimer

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot answer your question other than to note that this band seems to be available only in China so far. Hopefully it will begin to sell in North America and Europe soon, at which point Lenovo will have to provide a privacy policy.

Have you received this band yet? How do you like it?

I have been using a Xiaomi 1S band for more than a year. It has changed my life--or at least kept me better informed about some of my bad habits ;-)

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 62,807
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for your answer hausman, the band itself is really good to be honest, but the companion app it's not as good at all.

The translations are very approssimative, there are features not explained (for example in the band there's a cronometer function that continuosly monitor HR, the bad is that I still don't understand how to stop it and how to save the results), and others that don't work so well. Also in android to connect to the band you have to turn on both localization and bluetooth ( isn't the latter enough? ), additionally the app must be always open in background to work, so you must keep it listed in the recent app list. And at the opening the first screen is every time an advertising about the new launch of the band ( ... just why? I already bought it! ).

Last but not least important the alarm is not smart, is just an alarm.

Consider that there's no privacy disclaimer, that the rubber wristband is not replaceable and that you get no support via email... well is not worth to buy it. At the moment the Xiaomi Mi band 2 is a much better option, i bought this because it was in discount and because I was thinking at Lenovo as a more assuring company ( just a funny thought at the moment ) .. furthermore the Lenovo band has an "anti-sleep" mode that should advise you about concentration loss while driving, but it definetly won't work for this purpose, it can just automatically wake you up if you fall asleep.

I just hope that all of my contacts, sms, call logs and other private information aren't in sale in China!

Finally as a general thought about fitness bands I totally agree with you, their main purpose is to highlight our bad habits and to help us improve our lifestyle, and they are undoubtedly useful in this scope!

seanow18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 60,401
Message 4 of 11

Hi FromFree

Did you ever get any answers from Lenovo? What's the best way to contact them on the HW01.

I have just recieved a HW01 and within a day the app wanted me to update the band firmware. The update didn't work and now the band is stuck in firmware update mode and I seem to have "bricked" it.  Useless now.

Cheers

seanow18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 60,075
Message 5 of 11

fromfree
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 59,114
Message 6 of 11

Hi,

Sadly not, Lenovo support never answered my questions ( I have not tried the WhatsApp number present in app ) and at the moment the band/app has not received any update. Good luck with your bricked one!

hab3000
Paper Tape
Views: 36,010
Message 7 of 11

I bought 2 devices. 

With first everything was ok. With second - a lot trobles.

Device connected with my iphone, I'm sure, but: 

1. Heartbeat should check every 15 minutes, and I see the mark in the app is set correctly. But it doesn't work.

2. My dream is also not taken into account.

3. Support in WhatsApp - don't answer(

fromfree
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 34,863
Message 8 of 11

Please don't go Off-topic.

UPDATE:

apparently now there is a privacy policy, it can be found here

I found it linked in the Playstore page of the app and I will report it below:

This Privacy Policy (the "Privacy Policy") is intended to inform you of our policies and practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information.
1.Users agree
Personal information we collect on our App and in our applications are sent to our servers and may be processed by us in China where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
2.We automatically collect the following information on our product:
We collect the following information you provide us when you use the service: Your first and last name, photo, gender, height, weight, and date of birth.
When you synch with the the mobile app, we collect the following information your band collects about you whenever you wear it: Detailed physical information based on monitoring your micro movements, including when you are asleep, when you are awake, when you are idle, and your activity intensity and duration. This data is translated into information such as your sleep patterns, calories you burn, and your trends and progress. This information can also reveal certain health conditions you may have.
We also collect your precise location data when you use our the mobile app along with other data that we normally collect through our mobile applications described in the app usage data section below.
When you use our apps we collect information about your device, including your device type, manufacturer, model, and operating system; your device ID; and the version of your app. We also collect information about how you use the app and interact with the pages and features and a time stamped log of data exchanges.
3.Sharing of Information
When you share information through social accounts may be asked to enter the account and password, but that information is management by iOS system. App does not save account and password in any form or collect and save any personal information in any form on your social account.
4.Choices about Your Information
Connect with Apple Health
Purifit connect to Apple’s Health to share your step,heart rate and sleep data between Purifit and Apple Health. Go to the setting menu to turn on writing of steps ,heart rateand sleep data.
5.Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy policy, please contact us at jaysonj@163.com.
6.Privacy Policy Terms
Use this App mean you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use this App. We reserve the right, in our decision to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for any changes. Publish any changes to these terms if you continue to use our App future will mean that you have accepted these adjustments.

Nanitya
What's DOS?
Views: 24,023
Message 9 of 11

Lenevo hw10 my band is not working

lenevo hw10 my band is not working

only showing lenevo logo

Mulla-123
What's DOS?
Views: 20,618
Message 10 of 11

Re: Lenevo hw10 my band is not working