Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
proof00000
Paper Tape
Views: 329
Message 21 of 27

Re: Watch 9 Firmware Upgrade to version 0.4.0 led off to Low Battery

I have two watches (white - black). After I updated the lenovo watch app on my phone I was forced to upgrade firmware of watches to 0.4.0. Since that both of my watches stopped working completely. I tried to switch batteries but it did not solve to problem. This is outrageous! Lenovo selling a product which dies within weeks and provide no support!!!!! Is there anyone from Lenovo who is reading the forum? Can I report my case directly to Lenovo? I learned one thing to never ever buy lenovo product!!!!!

Highlighted
proof00000
Paper Tape
Views: 328
Message 22 of 27

One more thing if i press the reset button (after opening the back of the watch), red light blink one and the vibrate. Nothing less nothing more, the watch is still not visible on bluetooth.

frank_mackey
Punch Card
Views: 177
Message 23 of 27

After firmware 0.4.0 upgrade, i had to change battery 2 times! The last this morning after only 1 week. That's very strange, because 3.0V (tested) it should be enough to powered perfectly the watch. Firmware bug?

Pytheas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 164
Message 24 of 27

Definitely a firmware bug; I checked my battery and it was full. No need to replace battery, only to wait for a new firmware (or revert to the previous one, if possible).

I am disappointed by the total lack of response / support from Lenovo...
Andracass
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 25 of 27

I had ordered another for a Christmas gift, but after this problem I cancelled the order. Very disappointed!

fslopes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 139
Message 26 of 27

Finally I can use my Watch 9 again, with some problems though.

I tried to fix it by removing the battery for different periods (from a couple of seconds to a full day, as mentioned in some of the replys) but nothing changed, it was indeed dead.

Without knowing that for sure, I bought another battery, took out the provided one and left the watch like that overnight before inserting the new one.

And finally it’s working now — although it keeps disconnecting constantly, at least once every hour and it’s pretty normal to disconnect in 10 minutes intervals.

It has been "working" like this for a week and the Device Electricity is still "Full Power".

I can’t vouch for the "replace the battery after letting the watch without it for 10 seconds/minutes" comments, I can only say that doing that for several hours worked for me.

I assume that it is indeed a firmware problem, like some have already said, that either requires too much battery to run or it just drains it during upgrades (there are topics similar to this regarding the previous firmware version).

To know it for sure would require some response from Lenovo support/customer service, which unfortunately seems to be inexistent.

I will definitely keep away from this company in the future and advise other to do the same.

Regarding this watch, my advice is to never update before getting some feedback in this forum.

The updates are poorly developed and, by the number or similar cases, not tested at all.

Because the watch is not fully working, I will keep this unsolved. I’ll wait for the next firmware update and if it persists I will create another topic. If you have a similar problem or another one please share your situation.

fslopes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 132
Message 27 of 27

Re: Watch 9 Firmware Upgrade to version 0.4.0 led off to Low Battery (SOLVED) -> Not solved

Triple07 I can say for sure that in my case a new battery was necessary.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors