Views: 808
Message 41 of 50

Re: Watch 9 Firmware Upgrade to version 0.4.0 led off to Low Battery

Guru
Views: 794
Message 42 of 50

Hi Gheorghe_Curca.

Since I don't have this Smart Watch, I would prefer for someone to report if they can upgrade or not to firmware 0.4.0 with the official version on Google Play.

Thanks for sharing the source.

Note: Those instructions was posted on "10/31/2018" on that russian forum and "Lenovo Watch" app was updated to version 3.0.3 on November 12, 2018 (According to Google Play).

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Pytheas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 696
Message 43 of 50

I tried to contact Lenovo Support through Twitter with a couple of tweets but got no response at all (despite the fact that they respond quickly to other requests). Their Facebook page responded pretty quickly but only prompted me to contact support through email (supportforums@motorola.com). I did, explaining the issue and pointing to this forum thread.

In turn, they suggested I reach Lenovo's customer service at 1-855-253-6686 (I wouldn't call in any case, as I need time to explain the issue) - alternatively to contact Lenovo Support at https://support.lenovo.com, which I did. Unfortunately, the Lenovo Support website does not support the line of Lenovo Smartwatches so it seems like a dead end to me.

I suspect that the issue lies in the fact that Lenovo does not produce the smartwatches themselves and their Chinese provider/manufacturers are not aware of the issue. We can only hope for a new firmware, but until then, I would invite everyone to try to raise awareness by contacting Lenovo support and pointing to this thread, so that they can see the extent of the issue.

Guru
Views: 677
Message 44 of 50

Hi Pytheas

I really think that this devices are only for the China market and does not has official support for other places like America and Europe. This devices are not available on the official Lenovo.com website like any other normal/supported Lenovo products.

My only guess is that you should try to contact Motorola China or Lenovo China that officially has this watch on their Chinese websites.

I found that this is Motorola's China support email:  Motorola-china@mailwc.custhelp.com

(Source Motorola China Support site(Google Translate) )

I had tried to document what I can find about this watches on the unofficial xda-forums wiki:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Lenovo_Watch_9

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

proof00000
Fanfold Paper
Views: 552
Message 45 of 50

Hi,

I was able to wake up one of my watches, it turned out that the side button was the problem, it did not work. 

On my phone I have the downgraded android app thus I can skip firmware update of the watch but I can see that the 1.0.0 is available.

Is there anyone who update the watch firmware? Is it reliable and working properly?

Thank you!

raymaxer
Paper Tape
Views: 530
Message 46 of 50

I also decided to downgrade to 0.2 firmware, using 4pda's version of android app.

For the guy who sees the 1/0/0 version - you need to use this (4pda) version only ONCE to downgrade, then uninstall this app and reinstall Lenovo Watch from Play Store. The version from 4pdas is specially edited to always find and flash the O.S. uploaded to a repositary folder by the use of 4pda forum (I am russian myself and see-understand what that chat and idea if for this app. version there).

So - the result - I changed the battery month ago (on 0.4.0) - had problems of all kind, had a LOW battery warning. Flashed 0.2.0 - getting "FULL" battery on the same battery and everything seems much smoother.

aostrun
What's DOS?
Views: 438
Message 47 of 50

Hello,

A couple of days ago I stumbled upon this problem because the app forced the 0.4.0 firmware update that bricked my watch. Firstly I was only getting 4 flashes of red led on my watch and I couldn't do anything else. I tried hard resetting the watch and changing the battery, nothing helped.
Today, I did a bit of troubleshooting and found a possible solution that worked for me. Bluetooth needs to be disabled on the phone before hard resetting the watch.
Steps:
1. Disable Bluetooth on your phone
2. Take the back cover of your Watch 9 and press the reset button
3. Long press or double press (also try different combinations) crown button on the watch to turn it on, by now your watch should start ticking

4. Launch the Lenovo app and try to connect to the watch, your watch should appear there

5. Reinstall the back cover to the watch

I hope that this can help at least some of you because it caused me too much frustration Smiley Happy

jefigueiredo
What's DOS?
Views: 372
Message 48 of 50

Hi,

I have my watch a few months already but the battery runs out every 10-12 days after the upgrade to 0.4...slightly different from the 8months adverted.

I want to downgrade the firmware version of my Lenovo watch, and I saw your post refering 4pda:

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=906605&st=1800#entry78508189

however the link to download the apk file is not available can someone provide me?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Pytheas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 229
Message 49 of 50

Things are only getting worse....the watch works but I cannot turn on bluetooth, so

(a) I cannot set the correct time  (it won't connect to my smartphone) and

(b) I cannot connect to the app; I have installed the modified version mentioned earlier but since it won't connect, I cannot downgrade the firmware.

I tried the workaround of the previous post (with the reset button and a combination of pressing the side button of the watch) but nothing changed. 

Despite the low cost of the smartwatch, I am really frustrated by the total (and I mean total) lack of support; I also find it strange that no new firmware has appeared over the last weeks (it ussed to be more frequently updated in the past months).

I promised myself it will be the last time I purchased a Lenovo product. Period.

P.S. For anyone wishing to try the modified Lenovo Watch app, it is available here 

Pytheas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 79
Message 50 of 50

I finally managed to solve the problem, it is seems to be for good:

I installed the modified version of the APK on my smartphone and tried to connect the watch; however, its battery was indeed depleted (I guess that firmware v0.4 indeed drains battery too fast) so I had to replace it with a new one.

I managed to connect the watch with the app through the Lenovo Watch app (bluetooth took some time to connect). I was prompted to install firmware version v0.2 (which I gladly did). Then I uninstalled the modified APK version of the app and installed the latest Lenovo Watch app from Google Play.

It's been one day now and still got full battery on the watch. An annoying thing is that if you are connected to the internet when you open the Lenovo Watch app, you are prompted to update the watch to the latest version (v0.4) and there is no way to remove this window unless you close the app. I just turn off the internet connection and then open the app again so that I can use the options I need.

In any case, I am still deeply disappointed by Lenovo, that;s for sure.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors