cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dis1recording
Paper Tape
Views: 917
Message 51 of 61

Re: Help us, Jedi: What type of phone do you use?

iPhone XS max 

awiklendt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 895
Message 52 of 61

What is the tray size? I just got a new Huawei Mate 20 (not the pro) and want/happy to buy and try for this AR headset but cannot determine if i'll even physically get the phone into the set.

Huawei Mate 20 (not pro)
Lenovo explorer MRVR headset
awiklendt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 887
Message 53 of 61

After spending a HUGE amount of time going through the official list and this thread, i was able to determine that the largest phones listed here (that were reported to work) would give at least a tray size (in mm) of:

159.2 × 78.1 × 8.5 (maybe 9.4?).

The largest phone mentioned, Galaxy S8 with size issues but managed to sort of squeeze in is sized at: 162.5 × 74.8 × 8.6.

Another user posted their phone is too long to fit inside. Their phone (Moto E Plus) dimensions are: 160.9 × 75.3 × 9.4. So seems, depth is not really an issue, more the length.

These measurements are based on information provided at gsmarena.com

Would be great if Lenovo could release max sizes that the tray can carry, but looks like my phone will fit so i will be purchasing and trying for myself. 

Other threads mention at least Bluetooth 4.2 is required, OTG turned on, auto brightness turned off (and max brightness on), and screen lock turned off; for smoother gameplay.

Huawei Mate 20 (not pro)
awiklendt
Fanfold Paper
Views: 836
Message 54 of 61

Ok so I have purchased the AR system and can report that the Huawei Mate 20 does indeed work well. About 2 hours of game play made the phone hot but it seemed to recover very well once removed from the headset. It fit inside like a glove.

I think we used the Samsung s9 profile (my sister set it up while I was cooking). Like others, the alignment of the saver controller with the saver light was weird but not unplayable. 

Huawei Mate 20 (not pro)
Scottnj1966
Blue Screen Again
Views: 814
Message 55 of 61

I have the iPhone XS Max. It does not work with this phone. The rectangle isn’t large enough to show the screen. 

Ive been trying to tell them and all I get is that they will update or they will look into it. 

Ive only got a couple more weeks to be able to return these two sets but really just want them to get it to work. 

odie88
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 56 of 61

I'm using a samsung S7. Its works fine but can only manage 30min before the phone gets overheated and the game shuts down...

I tried to get an iphone 6 to work with it, but it failed to detect the light saber

odie88
Paper Tape
Views: 787
Message 57 of 61

I have tried it with Iphone 6... I can play upto 40min without having to stop 

Scott321
Blue Screen Again
Views: 709
Message 58 of 61

I'm using samsung note 5 with no problems. But i do have a little problem with the lightsaber not keeping straight when using.   Thanks

mharkins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 677
Message 59 of 61

I'm playing on a SM-G892A.  Its not a listed phone, but it had worked flawlessly until the last update of the game.  Now I'm having an issue with some sort of screen lock happening, even though I've disabled screen lock, pinned the app, and tried pretty much everything I can find to have the game run.  Works great before it dims out due to the lock.

Highlighted
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 217
Message 60 of 61

Thanks for that info

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors