cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,739
Message 1 of 61

Help us, Jedi: What type of phone do you use?

Hello Jedi masters and aspiring Jedi masters,

We would love for you to share with us your experiences using various phones with our headset so far. Would you kindly help us by sharing the following information with us:

1. The type of phone you are currently using, or have attempted to use, with the headset
  2. Any major problems you encountered whilst using the phone with the headset
  3. Workarounds or solutions to the problems

This information will help our development team’s work on future updates, and possibly help the team get ahead of potential problems,

Thanks for being such amazing users, and we greatly appreciate all the feedback we receive from you.

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,720
Message 2 of 61

Re: Help us, Jedi: What type of phone do you use?

I'll kick-off this thread:

I am using a Huawei Nova 2, it is not an officially supported phone, but it runs the game smoothly with no major glitches.

When I first tried to set-up the game, I had a problem syncing my lightsaber where it would only fill three quarters of the circle which indicates ‘syncing’, but that turned out to be an issue with my lightsaber and after I was issued a replacement it synced, and worked, perfectly.

The only issue I face is that my phone can get quite hot after a while, I usually play for about two and a half to three hours, and then let my phone rest afterwards.
alfopH
Punch Card
Views: 6,687
Message 3 of 61

I'm using a OnePlus 3T, also not in the list officially supported phone, but it runs the game smoothly . Only encounter a minor issue connecting the USB on the headset but after that the game works well.

Also owned  a iPhone 6 that works like plug and play.

Both phone get hot after playing. But the two phones recover fast afterwards. Also  both phones need to calibrate/realign the lightsaber once in a while especially ur in duel mode.

Star Wars™ Jedi Challenges on OnePlus 3T
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 6,673
Message 4 of 61

I like the idea and would like to take this a step further. As well as posting in this thread it makes sense for future discussions if members were to add their phone type into their signature; it will then be visible on every post they make and negates the necessity for someone to ask for it.

To add a signature:  Click on your user name at the top of the page, select My Settings and then, in the second row, Personal Information where the signature box is the third one down.  Please Do Not enter any private information such as telephone numbers; we like to avoid problems down the line.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

swgod98
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,656
Message 5 of 61

I use a Pixel 2 (not XL).  Phone works perfectly and seems to have power to spare.  The phone does not get hot at all (though I typically only play up to ~30 min/session).  The lightsaber lines up with the hilt well, but it does get out of sync on occasion.  I have noticed this more on the second round of enemies (haven't reached third round).  I haven't tried wireless headphones yet.  I have not tried the other two modes yet (only duel so far - because **bleep** it's fun!).

I thought my Pixel phone was fairly thin, and the case I use(d) on it is also fairly thin...but the phone does not fit in the headset casing with the phone case on it at the same time.  So, for convenience sake, I now walk around dangerously without a case on my phone :\

Pixel 2 User
Brad1974
SCSI Port
Views: 6,601
Message 6 of 61

I use a Iphone 7 plus. The only problem is it gets a little warm after a while. Other than that it's good

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,538
Message 7 of 61

Thanks to everyone who has responded thus far; we really appreciate all your feedback. Smiley Happy
bnddbl07
Paper Tape
Views: 6,438
Message 8 of 61

The Blackberry Keyone works.... but only if you are willing to look out of 1 eye....  the keyboard is great for typing.. but gets in the way for this. Smiley Sad 

It is Android 7.1.1 Does that mean the phones of the right screen size (5" ish???) will work in theory?  or is it more involved then that?   

This has been made for a horrible start to owning it sadly because I really can't use it.     I've tried an old Iphone3, iPod Touch Gen4,  a Android "Blu" phone, all no go.    i've looked into 2nd hand options of the known compatible units and they are all minium $300...  so not an option.   (my wife assumed that  "android and apple compatible" meant all.  our fault there. Smiley Sad

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 6,396
Message 9 of 61

Hi,
Unfortunately it is a bit more involved. It also to do with the Bluetooth version running on the phone (and other metrics I may be unsure of).

this thread talks a bit about the Bluetooth compatibility https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Star-Wars-Jedi-Challenges/Un-official-supported-not-working-list/td-p/3...

ArniBeck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,340
Message 10 of 61

So far, I have tested with iPhone X, OnePlus One, Samsung S7 Edge and trying to get a OnePlus 5T to work.

Samsung and iPhone being already compatible have given the best experience, the OP One has connectivity issues and may/may not connect properly.
No success with OP 5T so far. I've seen people writing about the cables and wonder if that's the issue between the USB 3 connector and USB 2.

I hope the 5T issues will be fixed in a future update, but probably too late for the review that I'm currently writing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals