Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DudeVader
Punch Card
Views: 183
Message 11 of 20

Re: Seventh Sister third level duel

I have tried all combinations of Force powers. Most often using Push, Second Wind and Superb Deflection. I now easily get through two rounds of her red orbs, sometimes three rounds. But the duel keeps going on and on with no end in sight. I’ve tried slashing harder when she is open to no avail. Part of my frustration is not knowing how close to the end I might be. I duel at least 20 bouts a day against the Epic Archivist. I always end the day defeating a lower level Epic Encounter opponents 

GreyJedi
HDMI
Views: 164
Message 12 of 20

The droid orbs come out 2-3 times depending. Hold the lightsaber horizontal and just block them. If you block enough of them or just destroys them.

Use Push on the Archivist. Careful, when she approaches sometimes she jumps back and it would be a wasted Push.

Her combos in the beginning are easier to strike her in between.

Learn her combos. Some combos allow for a small jab in between. Others you need to wait until she’s done with her few hits.

Her combos and strikes keep getting faster. Blocking is key. Memorizing them and their rhythms are necessary.

DudeVader
Punch Card
Views: 150
Message 13 of 20

When should I use the “Push” against the Archivist? If I do it when her slash ring opens it seems to be no more powerful than a normal slash cut. 

GreyJedi
HDMI
Views: 147
Message 14 of 20

So the whole “Focus” that is mentioned in the passives is simply opening up that slash ring. 

You gain focus by blocking. I believe hitting them enough time helps too but I can’t be sure. Some passives get you to that slash ring faster.

Using “Push” also opens up the slash ring. Don’t use  it when the slash ring is already open otherwise it’ll be wasted.

Opening and hitting the slash lines cause the most damage.

I use Push when she’s walking back. I hit her once to make sure she’s not going to jump backwards and immediately hit Push. You have to be faster with the slashes because she will move out of it quickly.

The Focus isn’t explained very well so it’s all confusing.

DudeVader
Punch Card
Views: 140
Message 15 of 20

This explains a lot about different aspects of the Duel. Looking forward to a long weekend applying your lessons

GreyJedi
HDMI
Views: 132
Message 16 of 20

May the Force Push be with you.

DudeVader
Punch Card
Views: 111
Message 17 of 20

Now that I get past 2-3 rounds of the Archivist red orbs, she defeats me during the Kylo like mind game. Nice to have a new problem to figure out. Thanks for all your advice Grey Jedi

GreyJedi
HDMI
Views: 108
Message 18 of 20

My pleasure.

When she does that I get in a few hits right before the blocks reappear. She will only get in, maybe, a couple hits before the blocks show up.

DudeVader
Punch Card
Views: 95
Message 19 of 20

How many more challenges after I Master this one?

GreyJedi
HDMI
Views: 90
Message 20 of 20

That’s all of them.

Towards the end she gets faster with her hits and combos. Block and find your openings.

When you’ve finally beaten her and she falls back and down to her knees, do NOT strike her again. Just let it play out. You’ll see.

Top Kudoed Authors