Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 2,617
Message 1 of 2

Star Wars Jedi Challenges General FAQ

About Star Wars Jedi Challenges

Awaken your inner Jedi with the smartphone-powered augmented reality STAR WARS™ experience. Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges is a smartphone-powered experience compatible with select Android and iOS devices. This app requires purchase of the Star Wars: Jedi Challenges gear. With the Lenovo Mirage AR headset, lightsaber controller, and tracking beacon, you’ll begin your quest to become a Jedi through the power of augmented reality.

Please visit www.jedichallenges.com/compatibility to view the most updated compatible list.

The Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges app is free and available for download from the App Store and Google Play:

• Click here for a link to the App Store
  • Click here for a link to Google Play

General FAQs:

• How old do you need to be to use the headset?
  • Is Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges single or multiplayer?
  • Can Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges be played outdoors?
  • How much physical movement and space is required for Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges?
  • Can I wear glasses and still use the headset to play Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges?
  • What is the image quality seen inside the headset?
  • Will there be additional games added over time?
  • Will this work with the new iPhone or upcoming Android smartphone?
  • My phone is not in the compatible list, can I still play?
  • How does the Lightsaber interact with the headset?
  • What is the Tracking Beacon and what is it for?
  • How heavy is this product?
  • How the Lenovo Mirage AR headset is powered?
  • Why doesn't the headset have an audio jack to enable headphone use?
  • How is the Lightsaber Controller powered?
  • Do you need to own the headset to download the app?
  • Can this headset be used for applications other than Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges?
  • Are there any sensors built-in the headset and/or the Lightsaber?
  • Will my compatible phone get warm when playing Star Wars: Jedi Challenges?
  • My Lightsaber blade is regularly offsetting from its base. What should I do?
  • How do I exit the game?
  • Why is there a second (blue) color on the tracking beacon?
  • Where can I buy spare or additional parts for Star Wars: Jedi Challenges? Where can I replace a broken or stolen part for Star Wars: Jedi Challenges?

How old do you need to be to use the headset?

The Lenovo Mirage AR headset is designed to fit comfortably for individuals over the age of 13.

This product is an AR headset that uses complex technology that is not recommend for use by children under 13 years of age. Children aged 13 or older using the product should be supervised and guided by adults to avoid potential hazards. In addition, this product contains electrical components, and precautions should be taken by all users during its use and handling to reduce the risk of electric shock. Parents or adult supervisors should also periodically inspect the phone being used with the product for damage (including its charging equipment and other small parts and accessories) to ensure that it is safe and working properly.  

Is Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges single or multiplayer?

Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges is a single player experience.  

Can Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges be played outdoors?

Yes, but for the optimal experience, we recommend playing Star Wars™: Jedi Challenge in a dimly lit room with dark walls and a generous amount of empty space. Depending on player height, make sure they stay within 4-5.5 feet from the Tracking Beacon. Avoid areas with lots of natural sunlight, skylights, large windows, and reflective floors or walls (including mirrors).  

How much physical movement and space is required for Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges?

Star Wars: Jedi Challenges is designed to be played standing and in motion, within a recommended space of at least 1.5 meters x  3 meters (4.5 feet x 10 feet), and at a distance of at least 1.2m (4 feet) from the Tracking Beacon. For the best experience, we recommend being able to move freely when playing.  

Can I wear glasses and still use the headset to play Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges?

The Lenovo Mirage AR headset is designed to fit most commonly sized prescription glasses. The headset’s dimensions (where the glasses would fit) are 154mm x 45mm (6 inches x 1.78 inches).  

What is the image quality seen inside the headset?

Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges is a smartphone-powered augmented reality experience, designed for the player to see clear in-game graphics as well as their natural environment. Images seen through the headset are projected from the inserted smartphone, optimized through the device's optical components, onto the real world. The exact pixel density of what each player sees will vary based on the smartphone used to power the experience.  

Will there be additional games added over time?

Currently, Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges is the only available experience, offering three different modes: Lightsaber battles, Strategic combat, and Holochess, with multiple difficulty levels and unique challenges to overcome.   

Will this work with the new iPhone or upcoming Android smartphone?

Upcoming phones can only be tested once they are announced and available. Please find the updated list of phones at www.jedichallenges.com/compatibility.  

My phone is not in the compatible list, can I still play?

Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges does require a compatible smartphone in order to run properly. For a list of currently compatible phones, visit www.jedichallenges.com/compatibility. If your phone is not listed, the experience may not be optimized and may not work as expected. Different phones continue to be tested for compatibility, so check back often for the newest list.  

How does the Lightsaber interact with the headset?

Cameras in the Lenovo Mirage AR headset track the position of the Lightsaber while the Lightsaber controller is paired with the activated smartphone via Bluetooth. The phone combines sensor and positional information to enable accurate tracking and optics.  

What is the Tracking Beacon and what is it for?

The Tracking Beacon is a tracking marker, placed on the ground to enable image positional tracking. 

How heavy is this product?

The Lenovo Mirage AR headset is 477g (without head strap), the Lightsaber Controller is 275g and the Tracking Beacon is 117g. 

How the Lenovo Mirage AR headset is powered?

The Lenovo Mirage AR Headset contains and is powered by a 2200 mAh lithium polymer battery. There is a Micro USB port on the headset, and a Micro USB charger provided in the package, to enable recharging.  

Why doesn't the headset have an audio jack to enable headphone use?

Since the Lenovo Mirage AR headset needs to be compatible with multiple devices, we recommend the user to use either the phone's integrated speaker or a wireless headset.  

How is the Lightsaber Controller powered?

The Lightsaber Controller uses a rechargeable lithium polymer battery. This is recharged through the Micro USB port on the base of the hilt. A Micro USB charging cable is provided with the device.  

Do you need to own the headset to download the app?

Anyone can download the app, but users will require the Lenovo Mirage AR headset to play Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges. Please visit www.jedichallenges.com/app to download. 

Can this headset be used for applications other than Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges?

Currently, the Lenovo Mirage AR headset is for use only with the Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges experience. 

Are there any sensors built-in the headset and/or the Lightsaber?

There are multiple sensors in the Lightsaber controller and the Lenovo Mirage AR headset. Rotation information is captured through the gyroscope of the player’s smartphone which is inserted into and connected to the headset.  

Will my compatible phone get warm when playing Star Wars: Jedi Challenges?

Some mobile devices, including smartphones, may become warmer when running graphics found in apps such as Jedi Challenges, especially if you use the devices to play games for an extended period of time. Our application is designed to manage game performance within the established parameters of your supported phone to deliver a safe high quality gameplay experience.
The path to becoming a Jedi can be challenging, we suggest you take a break during longer play sessions to ensure the best game play experience. However, each person and device is different, so take more frequent and longer breaks if you feel you need to.
The Star Wars: Jedi Challenges App has three graphics quality settings. If you would like to conserve device battery, please choose a lower graphics setting. 

How do I exit the game?

To exit the game, you can remove your phone from the headset and press the home button on your phone as you would with any other mobile phone application.  Progress is saved automatically throughout the gameplay experience.

To fully close the application in the background, you can follow the directions for your phone to stop apps in your multi-task / running application view. If you are mid-gameplay and need to return to the Star Wars: Jedi Challenges menu before exiting, you can do so by pressing the menu button on the headset and selecting quit to return you to the Star Wars: Jedi Challenges menu screens. 

Why is there a second (blue) color on the tracking beacon?

The Jedi work in mysterious ways.  Imagine the possibilities. 

Where can I buy spare or additional parts for Star Wars: Jedi Challenges? Where can I replace a broken or stolen part for Star Wars: Jedi Challenges?

At the moment only our service center can service a broken part or sell a spare. All of them can be bought separately but only via the support team at support.lenovo.com/jedichallenges

Th4S
Paper Tape
Views: 641
Message 2 of 2

Re: Star Wars Jedi Challenges General FAQ

You need to update the information in this section. There are references that state that Jedi Challenges is a single player game and the "blue" color on the tracking beacon is because "The Jedi work in mysterious ways"

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors