cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeffinus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,305
Message 41 of 63

Re: BEWARE: Micro USB to lightning cable is cheaply maufactured and broke off in iPhone

I need a replacement Lightning to Micro-USB cable replacement & have had no luck in finding even where to go, let alone actually ordering one. PLEASE, somebody show me some kindness & send me a link to where I may order one. Lenovo Customer Service doesn 't work. Neither does the Encompass site. I'm of fairly limited means, so spending as much as I did for Jedi Challenges was kind of a big deal to me & it has been months since I've been able to enjoy it. Any help would be MOST appreciated. Thanks.

Admin note; post merged in, subject edited.

Worldwidewalsh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,225
Message 42 of 63

Re: BEWARE: Micro USB to lightning cable is cheaply maufactured and broke off in iPhone

Hi Andy I am also having trouble sourcing a replacement micro to lightning cable. Im in Canada, could you point me in the right direction?

McNugget6750
Punch Card
Views: 1,193
Message 43 of 63

I also have issues finding a new cable. I sent Andy a PM. I hope this helps. Without it, the headset is not even worth reselling.

All sources that I could find are depleted / I don't believe they ever existed. I have yet to find one person to ever receive a cable from the Lenovo parts supplier and from what I can tell only one person in this thread (and likely others) has ever received a replacement cable so far.

The funny thing is, there is an aftermarket cable on Amazon that google still shows in the search results but when you click on it there is only an amazon error message. Not even that the product is no longer available, just an error that something went wrong.

I hope you can help us all, Andy!

breischs
What's DOS?
Views: 1,174
Message 44 of 63

I have had the same issue and need a replacement cable. A $250 Christmas gift that my sone has only been able to use a few times is truly heartbreaking and frustrating! It looks like there was a short time when people were able to find this item, but it is no longer available. If anyone can point me in the right direction to resolve this I would really appreciate it!

McNugget6750
Punch Card
Views: 1,155
Message 45 of 63

I received a very nice message from Wilson (Forums Admin) a few days ago asking for my details to send me a new cable but I haven't heard anything since. I sincerily hope I get a new iPhone cable soon... Not sure what else to do. Smiley Sad

Also, writing to Andy_Lenovo with all my contact details didn't get me any response so far...

Please help us!

NerdHerdWeAre
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,118
Message 46 of 63

We also bought this game last Christmas. Played it a handful of times before our dog ate the connector piece for the iphone to the headset. 

Tried to get a replacement through Lenovo. Lenovo ran us in circles with their website and customer support. Useless.

Tried to use Encompass. Encompass does not carry the replacement cable. Deadend.

Very disappointed and will spread the word that Lenovo makes an expensive toy with no support.

Selling this Star Wars VR set to families then riping them off. Shame on you Lenovo for not helping your customers. 

McNugget6750
Punch Card
Views: 1,111
Message 47 of 63

Yep... still no response from Lenovo.

I will spread the word as well. This is so sad and unbelievable. 

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,093
Message 48 of 63

Hello,
I do apologise for how difficult it is to obtain replacement cables. I do recognise that this should not be the case, and I sincerely apologise.
If you need a replacement cable, please PM me with the following information:

Name:
Address:
Type of cable needed:
Phone number:

and I will try to obtain a new cable to send directly to you.
McNugget6750
Punch Card
Views: 1,082
Message 49 of 63

Wilson, I'm certain it is not your fault. Lenovo(!) needs to learn this. They cannot mess with their customers as if they don't care.

Lenovo needs to understand that likely 70% of all customers are parents with jobs. Parents with jobs that work for companies who will in some way shape of form... use Lenovo products. And I am pretty sure they will think twice about Lenovo products from now on.

This headset could be a blast and most customers actually really like the game that comes with it - compare that with almost all VR games. However, customer support is at least 50% of the equation! If I have to call 5 different numbers only to learn the part never existed in the first place, then turn to a customer support forum as a last resort approach to get attention and then still nothing happens within 6 months!! - it can't be the right way! And even though everyone complains about this, none of the call center guys admit they ever heard about this issue before.

Rita13
Paper Tape
Views: 1,066
Message 50 of 63

Thank you for your reply

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals