Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alewando
Paper Tape
Views: 88
Message 1 of 3

Google Pixel "Incompatible app" Cardboard application

Installed the Jedi Challenges app on my pixel 2. It works and pairs with saber ok, but when trying to play any of the games an error comes up that says "Incompatible app. This cardboard application is not compatible with Daydream headsets. You can switch to a Cardboard-compatible headset in VR settings." (screenshot below) You can take the phone out of the headset and clear the dialog and continue playing, but it will come back up any time the app goes to a menu or anything, which is frequently. Each time, you have to take the phone out and clear the error message. Very annoying, almost unusable. 

The error dialog has "Cancel" and "Switch Headset" buttons. Hitting "Cancel" will allow you to put the phone back in the headset and continue, but the other one brings up a menu that doesn't seem to help anything (screenshot below).

Does anybody know how to make this problem go away?

jedichallenges_incompatible_app.pngjedichallenges_switch_headset.png

Highlighted
alewando
Paper Tape
Views: 62
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google Pixel "Incompatible app" Cardboard application

Removing Daydream and Cardboard apps did not help. Still get an error screen repeatedly, but now it says that Daydream is required.jedichallenges_daydream_required.png

alewando
Paper Tape
Views: 25
Message 3 of 3

Re: Google Pixel "Incompatible app" Cardboard application

Update: I was able to get the app working without constant interruptions. The solution was to select "Google Cardboard (I/O 2015)" when presented with a list of headsets. I got there by reinstalling the Daydream app,  launching it and then going to 'Settings' --> 'VR Settings' --> 'Headset'. 

Cardboard_headset.png

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors