Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spud971
What's DOS?
Views: 4,433
Message 1 of 7

Phone Tray Stuck

My phone is stuck in the tray! i think it may have been put in backwards accidentally and will now not come out. i am nowhere near a Lenovo outlet for a technician to fix and cannot make a call as my phone is stuck... any quick fixes that dont damage the headset?

Dwymer77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,332
Message 2 of 7

Re: Phone Tray Stuck

Come on Lenovo help this poor Padawan out

Jedi_Maria
SCSI Port
Views: 4,329
Message 3 of 7

Did you retract the two metal sliders that keep the phone in place? Maybe shake it around a bit? There’s nothing really holding the flap shut so you should be able to pry it open or use something small as a crow bar/ lever
Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 4,282
Message 4 of 7

I tried to get my phone tray stuck, but I could not quite replicate your problem. Looking at the tray, there appear to be two plastic 'flippers' that get pushed down when you insert your phone. If you did place the tray in upside down, they might be getting caught on the edge of the headset.
Perhaps if you careuflly slip a card underneath, you can help the flippers glide out. I've attached a picture of the headset tray, but please do be careful, as this is not an official solution - it is always better to visit an official store to get such problems fixed. 

tray.jpg

Sierra007
Paper Tape
Views: 4,005
Message 5 of 7

Oh my God! G_Wilson I love you so much! I had the same problem put it in backwards and my fingers went numb trying to get it out it would only get to a certain point and it stoped. There was no grip and my god I got it in less than 3 minutes using a card! You are a genious and I love you!

snackman
What's DOS?
Views: 2,184
Message 6 of 7

ive tried the card thing but it still wont work. i put the case upside down. here is my best photo of it

russellhaygood
Paper Tape
Views: 444
Message 7 of 7

I know im late but the card trick works, just fiddle around on both sides of the tray.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals