Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mharkins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,764
Message 1 of 13

Phone enters some screen save funcion and requires swipe to get out

Ok, first, if this has been covered in some other thread, I appologize, I've yet to find some search function on this forum.  Could be me, but as an engineer, seems odd.  Ok, the issue I'm having is apparently since the last game update (or some phone update, I'm not sure) my Samsung SM-G892A will play the game for about 4-5 minutes, then enter some sort of screen lock status that requires a physical swipe to disable.  It is nice enough to tell me that the game is running.  Smiley Sad  Never had this issue when we first started playing, then had to stop for awhile because of R.L. things.  Tries to start it up again (same phone) and now this is happening.  I've tried disabling the phone lock screen (set to none).  Pinned the app.  Not sure what else to try.   Its acting like the phone doesn't recongize that the game is playing (even though it tells me it is) and the screen timeout for no activity (which happens to currently be set to 5 minutes) activates.

Thoughts?

SecretAgentScot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,722
Message 2 of 13

Re: Phone enters some screen save funcion and requires swipe to get out

Samsung Games has their own menu.  Something chaned recently and did same to me.  Go into the game and look for a 2nd settings button whenyou swipe up from bottom.

Good luck with the Challenge! 

Scott

mharkins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,703
Message 3 of 13

So I'm not finding any additional setup menus when I enter the game.  When I first enter I get the Play and Vist Website selections.  There's nothing I can "swipe" in from the phone.  When I select play, I enter the adjust volume, sync saber etc.  Exactly when would this other settings menu be available?

Additional things I've tried.  Went into Developer Mode and set to always on when charging.  Didn't help.  Installed the "No Screen Off", and again, didn't solve the issue.  Anything further you can provide will be a help.  Thanks.

SecretAgentScot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,693
Message 4 of 13

When you start the game you can see "Play Jedi" or Visit "Website".  Now swipe up from "back button, home button and tab buttons" area and you should see a new setting button.

I don't have my S8 with me but can send a picture tonight.

mharkins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,690
Message 5 of 13

Ok, I noticed a small icon (a circle with an X an 4 dots in it) that I clicked and it did bring up some settings.  They are:

No alerts during game (currently off)

Block during game, and

Additional features.

Under Block during game I see:

Home Button (currently off)

Auto Brightness (currently off)

Under Additional Features I have:

Pop-up Panel (currently on)

and Auto Screen Lock (currently on).

Which settings did you change to affect this screen shutdown?  

Thanks for the help.

mharkins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,678
Message 6 of 13

Update:  I played with it today and found that unclicking notifications under block actually turns on the block.  Who’d have thunk.  Speaking as an engineer, the app guy should be fired, but this isn't my first brush with the Jedi Challenges application people where the screen was upside down on a previous phone.  In any case, that seemed to fix the issue and my wife and I are into 45 minutes of play without interruption.  

Thank you so much for your help SecretAgentScot.  

SecretAgentScot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,672
Message 7 of 13

Thats great news.  Im an engineer also and it threw ,e for a loop too!  Your lucky to have a wife that  is interested in playing Jedi.  I cant find anyone local to battle!  Someday i hope to buy a 2nd set and pay a friend to come over and play.

Have fun and let her win once in a while,  :-)

mharkins
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,660
Message 8 of 13

We only have one set, and switch off back and forth.  When we were playing before, we had gotten all the way to the Archivist on epic.  Starting back practically at ground zero now.  Should come back fast.  She enjoys it as much as I do (she has a think for kicking 7th Sister's hiney Smiley Happy.  I have to check out the options for multi player and see if its worth it.  I'd have to get yet anouther new phone to run them.  That's another thing that left a bad tast with this.  Bought the set before there was any list of "compatible" phones, only to find out my S7 wasn't on it, though it ran the app (except it was upside down).  All I got back was that my phone wasn't on the list of compatible phones.  Seems pretty easy to add a setting for changing screen orientation IMO.  Oh well.  Have fun, and thanks again.

Highlighted
Lechugator
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,571
Message 9 of 13

Please could you tell us the steps to solve this problem i have an S8 and my screen also have this block screen problem

SecretAgentScot
Paper Tape
Views: 3,560
Message 10 of 13

Take a look at top left corner.  There is a Samsung setting button.  Click that and turn everything off.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors