Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnC3
Paper Tape
Views: 690
Message 1 of 6

Pixel Connection Headset Issue

So, I recieved this in Dec. 2017.  Jedi Challanges worked perfectly, and was super pleased with it. Then my phone couldn't connect to the headset, so after troubleshooting it with online support, they decided I needed a new headset. After I got the new headset, I tried it again. It worked the 1st time for about 2 minutes before it popped up a messaged saying "Incompatible app: This Cardboard application is not compatible with Daydream headsets. You can switch to Cardboard-compatible headset in VR settings" I have tried everything in the VR settings, but nothing seemed to work. The light on the headset which lets me know if it is connected doesn't even turn on anymore. Has anyone experienced this issue? I have just a Google Pixel.

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 581
Message 2 of 6

Re: Pixel Connection Headset Issue

Hello,

I am very sorry that you have encountered this issue. The Pixel is meant to be compatible with the Jedi Challenges game. I will bring this issue up with our development team. In the mean time, could you possibly provide a screen-shot of the error message, to help our development team properly diagnose the issue?

Thanks,
G_Wilson
GorrillaMagilla
What's DOS?
Views: 478
Message 3 of 6

Has there been any update on this issue I have the Pixel xl and have used this quite a few times, today my daughter wanted to use it and I kept getting this error now. Just curious if we figured out what was causing it now?

Thanks in advance

Jason

GorrillaMagilla
What's DOS?
Views: 476
Message 4 of 6

everytime I pull the plug out to slide the phone out to cancel the error screen the message goes away about being an "Incompatible app: This Cardboard application is not compatible with Daydream headsets. You can switch to Cardboard-compatible headset in VR settings" goes away and we can play for a few minutes then it comes back up again.
simplepinoi177
Serial Port
Views: 429
Message 5 of 6

I would suggest that you clear the cache of the Jedi Challenges app. Also, I would suggest uninstalling "Cardboard" if it has its own app. Those, and/or, if you are willing, to uninstall the app and re-install it...

Good luck to you...hope this helps....

Lenovo Employee G_Wilson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 321
Message 6 of 6

Hi,
The preliminary answer I received from the development team is that if you have both the Cardboard and the Daydream apps installed, and if your default viewing profile in the Daydream app is the daydream view, you might run into this issue.
Uninstalling the cardboard app may help with this problem.

Regards,
G_Wilson
Top Kudoed Authors