Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuiCastelli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 580
Message 61 of 74

Re: X3550 M4 board error after a scheduled power off

Good morning friends,

Yesterday Lenovo called me and asked me what I would need because they didn't understand our problem. I summarized that after normal shutdown to a maintenance window the servers just don't turn on anymore ... He explained to me that my servers are out of warranty which expired in 2017 and that if I wanted to repair I would have to buy the card repair service mother ie buy another motherboard. I replied that we bought one used on ebay and that the other server is standing here and if they wanted to help me repair it at no cost. The guy from Lenovo backed away saying no because it is out of warranty, simply that Lenovo knows the problem but will not help you, do not waste time writing here, because they will ignore you ... There are better brands yes and estamios quoting with them and no more buy lenovo no more ..

This is who wants to repair and is out of warranty only paying!

Thank you lenovo

Bom dia amigos,

Ontem a Lenovo me ligou, e me quetionou o que eu precisaria pois não tinham entendido nosso problema. Eu resumi que após desligamento normal para uma janela de manutenção técnica os servidores simplesmente não ligam mais... Ele me explicou que meus servidores estão fora da garantia que expirou em 2017 e que se eu quisesse reparar teria que comprar o serviço de reparação da placa mae ou seja comprar outra placa mae. Eu respondi que compramos uma usada no ebay e que o outro servidor esta aqui parado e se eles quisessem me ajudar que reparessem sem custo. O cara da Lenovo recuou dizendo que não pois esta fora da garantia, simplesmente isso a Lenovo sabe do problema mas não vao te ajudar, não percam tempo aqui escrevendo, pois vão te ignorar... Existem marcas melhores sim e estamios cotando com elas e não mais compraremos lenovo, nunca mais..

É isso quem quiser reparar e estiver fora garantia so pagando!

Obrigado lenovo

SiberianKitten
Fanfold Paper
Views: 570
Message 62 of 74

Hello people,

I just received an email from Lenovo saying that the support has ended for our servers and as a result, any fixes will be chargeable "Billable".

Also, there is NO point for our school to have the three blown "Server Boards" fixed as we spent XXXX amount of pounds purchasing and replacing them. We don't need an engineer sent out to our school we need the cost of the manufacture damages reimbursed.

THANK YOU Lenovo

Mariela10
Punch Card
Views: 567
Message 63 of 74

but the problem is that many of us buy the server before lenovo documented this problem in his website. In our case, we couldn't know about this failure at least for one year in which we rebooted the server serveral times. This is the reason why lenovo should be responsable and help us and change our boards for free.

Mariela10
Punch Card
Views: 565
Message 64 of 74

I absolutly agree with you!

GuiCastelli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 555
Message 65 of 74

I also agree with Mariella and SiberianKitten, LENOVO is not caring about that, in my opinion it would be a recall, they recognize the problem but only solve paying, even if the problem is old and when it arose we were under warranty ... Another fact is that they will not help anyone out of warranty and so pro repudio the brand we will not buy more LENOVO ...

THANK YOU FOR NOTHING Lenovo.

Eu também concordo com a Mariella e o SiberianKitten, a LENOVO es pouco se importando com isso, na minha opniaão seria um recall, eles reconhecem o problema mas so resolvem pagando, mesmo que o problema seja antigo e quando surgiu estavamos em garantia... Outro fato é que não vão ajudar a ninguem fora de garantia e então pro repudio a marca não compraremos mais LENOVO...

OBRIGADO PRO NADA Lenovo.

Karl87
Punch Card
Views: 521
Message 66 of 74

Of course they dont care about their customers.

Otherwise, they would help us and not talk themselves out with terms and conditions and other phrases.
Anyone who cares about his clients would have helped here - even if it's on good will.

Car manufactures would even have been forced to launch a recall. Imagine the engine can break cause of a mistake the manufacturer did. 

I still have more of the machines at customer sides and will change them gradually.
LENOVO does not care what happens to the customers. At LENOVO, the customer is not the first priority, but the money.

That's what they have proven with this action.

GuiCastelli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 506
Message 67 of 74

Sure enough, your words were correct, Lenovo cares little for its customers.

thiagomouraos
Punch Card
Views: 371
Message 68 of 74

Capturardd.PNGCapturardd.PNG

Como eu havia dito. o componente em curto esta debaixo deste dissipador de calor.
Espero ter ajudado, repassem a informação, troquem o componente e atualizem o FIRMWAREE PELO IMM.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Like I was here. The shorted component is below this heatsink.
I hope I helped, review the information, replace the component and update FIRMWAREE by IMM.

DelSoto
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 69 of 74

Could you provide the name of the component? I have no idea what a ci is and neither does my tech.

Highlighted
thiagomouraos
Punch Card
Views: 323
Message 70 of 74

dddd.PNG  VT261WF

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

ALERT

Windows 2016 Server November Update
Issue on System x M5 and X6