Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Datacenter SystemsSystem x - X6, M5, M4
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

01-27-2021

Malaysia

27 Signins

200 Page Views

• Views: 200
  • Message 1 of 3

command to use to compare and view result for firmware / driver activity

2021-02-16, 14:12 PM

Hi Chaps,

what command need to be add with below path to run "compare" activity during firmware upgrade using bomc cli iso

when i run below command, i getting an error "cannot find updatexpress system pack xml file or update packages for this Machine type and operating system. Ensure that update files for the specified machine-types are present"

command -> ./lnvgy_util_uxspi_10.7_anyos_x86-64.bin compare

Answer
Options

79 Posts

04-23-2015

Japan

159 Signins

959 Page Views

• Views: 959

Re:command to use to compare and view result for firmware / driver activity

2021-02-17, 0:09 AM

Hi Paul,

If you want to update firmware (not driver), the most easy way is to boot the system from BoMC bootable media (ISO) then proceed the steps with GUI. This is recommended procedure rather than CLI. Do you have any trouble to run the BoMC's GUI ? The latest BoMC v12.0.1 still supports IBM x3650 M4.

By the way, regarding your question "--local" option is required to specify the directory which contains the files of update express system pack (UXSP) which are available at here for each OS. But I think you are trying to run the command "using bomc cli iso", which does not contains the UXSP files therefore it won't work out. The following is the example for Windows but also applicable to Linux.

(User guide, page 30)

Example of the update command on a Windows system

C:\><program>.exe  update  --local=uxsp\4199\windows\ -u  -s  all

This is an example of how to:

• Invoke UpdateXpress System Pack Installer on a local system running Windows that has a file path for location of the UpdateXpress System Pack XML file as: uxsp\4199\windows\.

• Issue the update command to inventory, query, compare, and deploy updates.

• Select all updates as applicable, regardless of the system version or the available version by specifying: -s all.• Run the updates in unattended mode by specifying: -u.

Thank you,

Replies(2)
Options

200 Posts

04-23-2015

Japan

759 Signins

6585 Page Views

• Views: 6585
  • Message 2 of 3

2021-02-17, 0:06 AM

Hi, Paul_Lee.

As I wrote on another thread below,  we need to set location where update/compared package is.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/System-x-X6-M5-M4/IMM2-Remote-console-failed-to-open/m-p/5063406

so please use -l command to locate package directry.  output show current version and BoMC package version. "undetected" means uxsp regards system does not have device.

If you would like to check output, additionally set output text will be helpful.

./lnvgy_util_uxspi_10.7_anyos_x86-64.bin compare -l /toolscenter/  > /tmp/output.txt

below are example text.

Thank you.

Answer
Options

79 Posts

04-23-2015

Japan

159 Signins

959 Page Views

• Views: 959
  • Message 3 of 3

2021-02-17, 0:09 AM

Hi Paul,

If you want to update firmware (not driver), the most easy way is to boot the system from BoMC bootable media (ISO) then proceed the steps with GUI. This is recommended procedure rather than CLI. Do you have any trouble to run the BoMC's GUI ? The latest BoMC v12.0.1 still supports IBM x3650 M4.

By the way, regarding your question "--local" option is required to specify the directory which contains the files of update express system pack (UXSP) which are available at here for each OS. But I think you are trying to run the command "using bomc cli iso", which does not contains the UXSP files therefore it won't work out. The following is the example for Windows but also applicable to Linux.

(User guide, page 30)

Example of the update command on a Windows system

C:\><program>.exe  update  --local=uxsp\4199\windows\ -u  -s  all

This is an example of how to:

• Invoke UpdateXpress System Pack Installer on a local system running Windows that has a file path for location of the UpdateXpress System Pack XML file as: uxsp\4199\windows\.

• Issue the update command to inventory, query, compare, and deploy updates.

• Select all updates as applicable, regardless of the system version or the available version by specifying: -s all.• Run the updates in unattended mode by specifying: -u.

Thank you,

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms