10-17-2018

TR

6 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 2

toolcenter bomc usb media not starting update

2018-10-17, 14:06 PM

hello, after booting a toolcenter bomc usb drive created by version 11.3/11.4 clicking "click here to start update" is doing nothing. anyone encountered this problem and has a fix to share ?

Options

585 Posts

08-14-2018

US

562 Signins

10309 Page Views

• Views: 10309
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: toolcenter bomc usb media not starting update

2018-10-18, 19:20 PM

Hello is-di, I'm not sure what directions you used to create your USB, but I've attached the latest User Guide to this post.  Can you please verify that these are the steps you took when creating the key? 

It looks like you are using a Machine type of System x3650 M3 7945. Can you please confirm that is what you would expect?

http://sysmgt.lenovofiles.com/help/topic/bomc_lenovo/bomc_bk.pdf

Booting from bootable media using the graphical interface

The Menu program runs when the bootable media is booted. The graphical version of the Menu program runs in interactive mode (you can select the function you want to use) or unattended mode. An example of unattended mode would be selecting to automatically run LXCE UpdateXpress when the bootable media is booted.

The following procedure explains how to perform updates and diagnostics using bootable media. To deploy a supported Microsoft Windows operating system on ThinkSystem, System x, and BladeCenter servers, boot the target server from a Lenovo ServerGuide Setup and Installation CD and follow the on-screen prompts.

Step 1. If the graphic interface mode was selected when the bootable media was created, then the GUI starts automatically when you boot from the bootable media. The Welcome page is displayed, showing the descriptive name of the bootable media, a list of the targeted machines, and a list of functions.

Step 2. Complete these steps to install updates:

a. On the Welcome page, click Updates.

b. On the Updates page, click the click here to start update link. The LXCE UpdateXpress is displayed.

c. Select one or more updates to install.

d. Click Begin to start installing the updates.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms