Bluetooth not working on T410s -- ThinkPad General

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎10-24-2012 by
Modified ‎10-24-2012 by
(2,608 Views)

Bluetooth not working on T410s -- ThinkPad General

Question

I have ThinkPad Bluetooth with EDR 6.2.1.3100 installed on my T410s.  However i am unable to pair it with any devices as Windows just doesn't find any devices that are discoverable to pair with.  Also the computer fails to notice pairing requests from other devices, e.g. mobile phones.

Can anyone advise how I could diagnose and fix this problem?

Answer

The following was a workaround suggested by a community user:

1. Remove hidden previously paired devices in Device Manager.

From this Microsoft KB

"Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.

• At a command prompt, type the following command , and then press ENTER:
  • set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
  • Type the following command a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
  • start devmgmt.msc
  • Troubleshoot the devices and drivers in Device Manager.

NOTE: Click Show hidden devices on the View menu in Device Manager before you can see devices that are not connected to the computer.
When you finish troubleshooting, close Device Manager.
Type exit at the command prompt.

Note that when you close the command prompt window, Window clears the devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 variable that you set in step 2 and prevents ghosted devices from being displayed when you click Show hidden devices.

2. Use an application called "Device Remover" to remove the entries from services.msc and the registry for the Bluetooth Support Service.  Also remove all the bluetooth devices to be sure they are  gone.

3. Reinstall the Bluetooth devices with the latest driver from Windows update automatically on reboot.

4. Recreate the entry in services.msc for Bluetooth Support Service (bthserv) manually and copy across the associated registry settings from another windows 7 PC.  

5. You should be able to pair your mouse and mobile phone now.