Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Topics: 25
Kudos: 385
Solutions: 249

ThinkPad T series shipping thread - 2014 edition

All,

With the new year, we start a fresh discussion for members to share their order and fulfillment experiences.

We are retiring the 2013 thread  .   Anyone having an active discussion there can find it here.

The2012 thread can be found here . 

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

• How to get a system fast: Buy an in-stock standard configuration from Lenovo or a Lenovo Partner in your area. Customized systems take longer.
  • Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering
  • Lenovo will not bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed.
  • Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website.
  • In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments
  • Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date
  • Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address
  • Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process
  • Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked.
  • Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX.

We hope you enjoy your new ThinkPad system when it arrives!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else! 
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again

Re: ThinkPad T series shipping thread - 2014 edition

[ Edited ]

Hi my order number is 424339375X I booked it on 18 Dec. While booking on lenovo it mentioned that I will get my order by 9 Jan. On 31st Dec 2013 my package was due to arrive on 9th Jan 2014. But now its due arrive date was changed to on 13th Jan 2014 and now its show 20 Jan. My concern is as I am a student going for higher studied abroad will be flying on 13th Jan 2014 is there any way lenovo guys can expedite the process. 

What's DOS?

[ Edited ]

I placed the order on Dec18th.  Estimated shipping date was Jan 1st, but now it is Jan 20th....  So disappointed..

Punch Card

[ Edited ]

Order placed on 9th December, previous shipping date, January the 10th, but still not shipped yet.....

Punch Card

[ Edited ]

Well - I've only waiting 1 week of my estimated 4 weeks shipping date for my custom T440s build - its nearly killing me :-(

My order status still shows as "Order in process" and I'm told will not show any different status until "Shipped".

They did say a shipping date would on appear the order status screen after 3 days but that did not happen.

I rang today to see I could get an update and was told they would email back...I wonder if that will turn up.

I should probably try and be a bit more patient!

Does any one know whether digital river are actually able to provide any more granularity than "order in process" ?

Also I hear a lot about quality control issues. Is it worth getting the courier to wait and open the box for a few visual checks - sticky keys, bad bevel, screen bleed, overly clicky trackpad etc and immediately send back if there is anything truely bad. Or evaluate for a few days and then arrange return?

http://thinkpadmint.blogspot.co.uk/
What's DOS?

[ Edited ]

Finally,   I got the notification for shipping today.  Lenovo shipped the order by UPS Worldwide Express and  it shows I can get the stuff in 2 days.   Share this information with you. Just be patient. 

BTW, I ordered a T440p on Dec 18th and I changed the configuration a lot. 

Punch Card

[ Edited ]

I'am unlucky... Call them this morning, new estimated shipping date: 23rd of January...

The order was placed on December 9th....

Punch Card

[ Edited ]

And did you also change config after initial order?

Was any reason given?

Punch Card

[ Edited ]

No, no change after the initial order and no information why... (I haven't ask why such delay).

Anyway, still a shame that for us in europe we have to call them to know the estimated shipping date... Why? why they cannot send an email if this date is changed ?

Punch Card

I foolishy paid by paypal and it looks like unlike credit card payments they have taken my money at time of order rather than time of shipping

So they'll have my £1500 for a month plus before I see any sign of a laptop :-(

Moderator: probably worth clarifying the situation with paypal payment in the helpful text at the top of the thread.