Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkBook NotebooksThinkBook Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-26-2020

Canada

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkBook 14s Yoga ITL - Official Audio Drivers are Incompatible (Affects Machines w/ 11th-Gen CPUs)

2020-12-26, 22:29 PM

What does one do when they buy a new computer and Lenovo's latest official audio drivers are not correct vs. the machine hardware? How does one even alert Lenovo engineers / QA about the issue?

I have a plug-and-play DJ controller which is really 2 things: a plug-and-play USB soundcard and a plug-and-play USB MIDI device. It is recognized as a USB device but fails to be recognized as an audio output device or MIDI device.

The problem has been isolated to the audio drivers (Realtek) that ship with the Lenovo. Rest assured, I have installed ALL Windows 10 updates and ALL Lenovo drivers are the latest versions and there is no fix. The current official drivers are not fully compatible with PC's that ship with 11th-gen Intel processors.

My USB hardware works fine because it works 100% with my other PC's + Macs.

Apparently anyone with audio-related USB peripherals and a Lenovo machine with an 11th gen i5 or i7 processor could be having this problem.

You can Google/search for plenty of other examples of Lenovo (and other brands) customers with 11th-gen processors having issues with USB audio devices. 

Other computer manufacturer brands shipping machines with 11th-gen processors also faced (or are facing) this problem (HP, Dell, etc.). Some manufacturers such as Dell have resolved their audio driver issues already. Lenovo doesn't seem to have a way for their customers to let them know about this type of problem. They only want to charge me for support that can't fix the issue, or I can return the machine, which I'd rather not do because its a fine machine. I will return it though if Lenovo can't figure this out before the end of my return window.

Here's a post from Pioneer DJ forums where you can see other Lenovo customers are chiming in with the same issue. 

https://forums.pioneerdj.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/900002832843-DDJ-400-not-recognized-as-audio-device-controls-don-t-work-in-Rekordbox-Windows-10-

I expect that Lenovo is going to see a TON of returns after X-Mas if they can't get their machines featuring 11th-gen processors to work with USB audio devices...

If anyone at Lenovo is reading this please alert the correct teams within Lenovo know so that we can get a fix.

This is the second time I've purchased a Lenovo that shipped with incorrect/faulty drivers. I wish you guys could figure out how to learn about these issues from the field and resolve these issues faster.

Options

1 Posts

01-14-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:ThinkBook 14s Yoga ITL - Official Audio Drivers are Incompatible (Affects Machines w/ 11th-Gen CPUs)

2021-01-14, 6:05 AM

I have the same issue with my newly purchased Lenovo Yoga 7i I got for the purpose of using with a Pioneer DJ controller. It's a great computer, but the 11th gen processor issues are real. I plug my controller in and it powers up and shows up under drivers/devices, but it doesn't connect to Serato or Rekordbox. I tried it on my 2012 Macbook Pro and it worked, so I know it isn't a hardware issue. 

I have seen many posts about it. One user said the most recent Windows update resolved the problem, but I just did the updates and nothing changed. 

Pioneer hasn't provided any useful answers on the issue yet, and sadly I'm probably going to return this laptop if they don't resolve them soon. Is there anything Lenovo can do?

Options

2 Posts

12-26-2020

Canada

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:ThinkBook 14s Yoga ITL - Official Audio Drivers are Incompatible (Affects Machines w/ 11th-Gen CPUs)

2021-01-27, 2:06 AM

FYI the latest BIOS update includes a fix that works (note it installs new Realtek-related audio drivers/software as part of the bundle).

The release date in the README is in Dec... clearly Lenovo sat on it a while before actually releasing it. Be careful installing the BIOS update: follow all prompts, be plugged in, be patient through potentially several reboot cycles with unusual delays between them. Any screw up and you can brick your machine. If you are using Win 10 BitLocker disk encryption (Win 10 Pro) then save a backup of your recovery keys before you run the update.

Pleased to report the DDJ-400 / USB audio+MIDI devices + Rekordbox works after the update.

Go into Lenovo Vantage or Lenovo support site to download the BIOS update installer. Cheers!

Options

1 Posts

03-11-2021

Indonesia

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-03-11, 5:42 AM

It's good if you can return the machine, in my part of world, we can't return, I told local Lenovo support about this problem and maybe need audio driver update, but they just want to re install windows (it's the 11th times now) and no change, I use Ideapad Flex 5 i7 Gen11, I will return if possible, been 4 month go back and forth to Lenovo service, wasting so much time while I still can't use the laptop

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms