Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkBook NotebooksThinkBook Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-01-2021

Iraq

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL | the cursor freezes and gets stuck for seconds every now and then

2021-05-01, 8:35 AM

Dear community,

Your support please to resolve the issue I have with a brand new laptop Lenovo ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL. The cursor freezes and gets stuck for seconds every now and then. It is a very inconvenient experience. I tried several common solutions but still nothing has changed.

Your support is highly appreciated

Ali 

Options

3680 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19087 Page Views

• Views: 19087
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL | the cursor freezes and gets stuck for seconds every now and then

2021-05-03, 5:56 AM

Hello Ali Alawsy!

Welcome to community forums

Any changes made or updates/programs installed before the issue started? 

To make sure everything is up to date, run the update through the Lenovo Vantage app and install all available updates.

If the issue is the same, try running the Windows troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

05-01-2021

Iraq

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL | the cursor freezes and gets stuck for seconds every now and then

2021-05-03, 10:28 AM

Hi Jwes,

I have just bought the laptop and it is from day one suffers this cursor issues. I have checked all Win 10 updates, drivers update and installed Antivirus. However, the issue persists. 

Other people advised that this is a power adapter issue, but I can confirm that the cursor issue continues even when the laptop is on batteries.

When I went back to the vendor to return the laptop and benefit from the warranty, the vendor told me that it is a normal issue with this model and it is not covered as part of the warranty.

I would appreciate if there are any other solution before giving up.

With gratitude,

Ali

Options

3680 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19087 Page Views

• Views: 19087
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-05-04, 11:47 AM

Usually, the warranty covers 1 year from the purchase date so it should be covered since you mentioned that you purchased it recently. 

The return policy varies if this is purchased. If it's purchased from Lenovo, usually the return policy is 30 days from the day it was purchased: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/shopping-faq/#returns

Try performing a factory reset since the issue started from day one. This option will help identify whether the issue is hardware or not.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms