Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkBook NotebooksThinkBook Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

04-28-2021

Serbia

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 6

Thinkbook 14 G2 ARE

2021-04-28, 21:44 PM

Hello,

I have recently bought a brand new Lenovo Thinkbook 14 Gen 2 ARE laptop with Ryzen 7 4700U processor.
Since first day I have noticed that laptop have some problem when I want to power it on for the first time in the day, every day.
When I press power button it lights on, keyboard lights on and then dims off without flashing but Esc/FnLock key LED is still on and there is no picture on the screen.
It is happening every time when I turn on laptop for the first time in that day, and when laptop is connected to the power adapter.
I just tried a couple of times to turn it off pressing the button and switch back on, and sometimes it starts for 2nd time, but sometimes I have to repeat this procedure for 10 times or more.
Also noticed that if I press and hold power button for 10s or longer the percentage that it will start up is higher. :-)
I have also tried to start it without any device neither USB C cable connected, and noticed that it almost does not have these problems when starting on battery.

Second problem that I have is when laptop is used with PowerDelivery by monitor which model is Philips 346B1C, and capable with 100W PD. When I switch picture to go through USB C connection to the monitor, it works for a couple of minutes and after that picture on the monitor starts blinking with interval of about 2s, it blinks 3 times and laptop turn off USB C ports completely. So no charging, no picture, only mouse which is connected on monitors USB port is working over USB C. So after that I need to disconnect USB C cables from laptop and connect it again to make it USB C ports on. But if I use power adapter in one USB C port, and monitor connected in second USB C port at same time, everything is working fine. Why it can not use PD from the monitor, or it is problem with something else? For example I have also tried that with Thinkbook 14 Gen 2 but model with Intel i7 1165G7 processor, and everything works fine.

Just to say that I have already installed latest BIOS from Lenovo Support page for this model, and also related to monitor problem I have installed newest AMD Graphic driver from AMD official support page for this processor.

The model I have is: 20VF000BMX
It is model for Sweden market.

Thank you.

Options

3680 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19087 Page Views

• Views: 19087
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Thinkbook 14 G2 ARE

2021-04-28, 22:03 PM

Hi Sandman119!

Welcome to community forums

Any changes made or updates/programs installed before this issue came up? Which version of Windows are you currently running?

Just to make sure everything is up to date, especially the BIOS and Power management driver. You can also manually install it from here; https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkbook-series/thinkbook-14-g2-are/20vf/downloads/driver-list/

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

04-28-2021

Serbia

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-04-28, 23:03 PM

Hello Jwes,

Thanks for your reply.

This issue came up from the first day of using this laptop. Very first power on was also with this problem, but I thought that battery was not charged enough and because of that it won't start. But next day I realized that laptop have some problem.
When keyboard backlight turns on and flashes, I know laptop will power on. If keyboard backlight turns on and dims to off, I know laptop will not show the picture on the screen and won't start.
I am running built in Windows which came preinstalled and downloaded all newest updates from Microsoft, and new graphic drivers from AMD. Windows version is: 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Also as I mentioned in previous post, BIOS is updated to newest version which is: FACN27WW(V1.10) for this model but this doesn't help.
Power management driver also is installed with latest version from the support page for this model.

Thanks.

Options

3680 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19087 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-04-29, 16:46 PM

Since the issue started when you first got it, I would suggest performing a factory reset. This will help you identify whether the issue is hardware or not.

Back up your files before proceeding.

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

04-28-2021

Serbia

4 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-05-04, 12:25 PM

Hello Jwes,

Since yesterday it won't start anymore. I have tried to start it more than 30 times. The first 5 times it powers on and off the keyboard backlight and after that it powers only esc led, caps lock led and power button. When I power on the laptop all three leds are bright than power leds flashes once, and capslock led powers off and laptop won't show the picture. Only power button led and Esc key led are bright. I have also tried to start laptop with Novo button, but the result is the same. Tried with charger, without it, also with power drain option but it simply won't to show picture anymore.
What factory reset procedure do you recommend? Do you mean factory reset procedure for the Windows?

I have opened back cover of the laptop and tried also with disconnected battery to start, disconnected CMOS battery. Also I removed additional RAM module of 8GB and tried to power it on with only 8GB of RAM on system board but without success. It behaves the same. After CMOS battery disconnect it does not light up keyboard on start, and that is strange to me.

What you will recommend me to do next?

Thanks.

Options

3680 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

791 Signins

19087 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-05-04, 21:58 PM

Since the issue is more likely a hardware failure, I would suggest bringing it to any of our authorized repair centers in your area for further assistance.

You can find the list here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/rs/en/partnerlocator

Regards

Jwes_Lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms