Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkBook NotebooksThinkBook Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-22-2021

Tunisia

3 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 1 of 6

thermal problem

2021-02-22, 22:11 PM

after a diagnosis of my thinkbook I found that the processor heats up very quickly 

even if I open a simple document and subsequently the screen, the keyboard and the mouse are blocked 
any help !!
Options

3710 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

793 Signins

19217 Page Views

• Views: 19217
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:thermal problem

2021-02-23, 9:17 AM

Hello ines78!

Welcome to community forums

Any changes or any updates made before the heating issue came up? Were you able to get the temperature of the laptop? What are the steps you've done so far? Can you try updating the BIOS here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en
Just provide the exact model or the serial number--> Go to Drivers and Software tab--> Manual Update--> BIOS/UEFI

Let us know how it goes.

Jwes_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

02-22-2021

Tunisia

3 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-02-23, 15:33 PM
 thank you first of all for your advice I updated the bios as you advised me and I added the following options :

* Processor power management ==> maximum processor state ==> battery : 60% / sector :60%
* I add an external ventilation under my thinkbook
*I download core Temp software to supervise the temperature of my CPU ( i found it 30 °C)

After theses steps my thinkbook works normal for 2 hours then i disctonnected the power sector , 10 minutes later my thinkbook had been blocked again despite the temerature was 40°c

I asked for the reason of this blocking ( mouse , keyboard and screen are frozen)

Thank you in advance

Options

3710 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

793 Signins

19217 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-02-23, 16:09 PM

Those temperatures seem to be fine. Could you provide more details when you said the computer has been locked again? Any error messages? When did this issue start?

Jwes_Lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

02-22-2021

Tunisia

3 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-02-23, 16:50 PM

I sayed blocked ( screen frozen)  , without any message of error the screen is blocked  and i can't do anything just i must forced him to shutdown 

Options

3710 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

793 Signins

19217 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-02-23, 21:40 PM

I see. Is it freezing on a particular window or randomly? Try running the hardware test using the Lenovo Vantage app to check for possible hardware failure.
If none, can you send a screenshot or photo of the running processes and the performance tab on the task manager?

Jwes_Lenovo

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms