Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITManDingo
Paper Tape
Views: 670
Message 1 of 3

10GQS05M00 (M700) - A corrected hardware error has occurred

I have a number of M700 (10GQS05M00) running Windows 7 to Windows 10. We have noticed a lot of them are experiencing BSoD's, application hang ups, and display drivers crashing, and monitors going black.

We've upgraded all drivers with the latest available from the support site as well as updated BIOS.  Aside from that, I've seen posts suggesting sfc /scannow, and DISM cleanups which we've tried, but neither process found anything to correct and the issues have continued.

We are seeing hundreds of the below faults in the event viewer on the systems.  

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0
Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0xA115
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I have a feeling the events are related but I'm not sure what else to do since we've already exhausted all available drivers for troubleshooting.  I've seen other users posting about similar issues but no resolutions are found outside of the generic troubleshooting we've already done, and most of the posts just kind of die off.

What other options do I have?  

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 644
Message 2 of 3

Re: 10GQS05M00 (M700) - A corrected hardware error has occurred

A problem comes from the PCI that holds the WIFI module (device ID: 0x8086:0xA115).

For the flooding of event viewer, WHEA-Logger flood - Event ID 17, have you tried using the Intel wifi driver?

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26653/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-...

[Still researching...]

[... will pull up your machine specs tomorrow].

Some info from HP website, some from AUSUS website.

==

Please state all WIFI's used in your machines. Are they the same?

==

Qualcomm Atheros under win10 creators edition is causing issues.

For a 910 machine,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-910-13IKB-Laptop-ideapad-getting-hot-...

Just giving you some places to look.  You have Multiple issues going on.

ITManDingo
Paper Tape
Views: 607
Message 3 of 3

Re: 10GQS05M00 (M700) - A corrected hardware error has occurred

Thanks for your reply.  I just got a chance and confirmed that our M700 configuration does not have a WiFi card installed.  It's ethernet only.

Device Manager lists this as the only network device:

RealTek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Driver Provider: RealTek

Drive Date: 05/15/2015

Driver Version: 10.1.505.2015

We're seeing the problem in Windows 7 32bit and Windows 10 (both v1511 and v1607).  We're not using Creators update just yet and won't be for a while.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors