Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Fugazi
What's DOS?
Views: 1,026
Message 1 of 3

A55 (8982-77G) - Windows 7 & SATA Hard Drive Problem

Hi, Hoping someone can help here. I have just purchased the above system, it came without a Hard drive as it was purchased from a business. I have installed a 200GB Seagate SATA Hard Drive and I'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate .. the HD is recognised by the BIOS and POST, but the windows 7 installer does not see it, I've looked for the relevant drivers for the motherboard .. but cannot find them anywhere. I have tried setting the BIOS SATA setting to Auto and Serial ATA only with no success .. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Former Employee
Views: 1,005
Message 2 of 3

Re: A55 (8982-77G) - Windows 7 & SATA Hard Drive Problem

hey Fugazi,

you will need to get the recovery disc for it. i suggest getting in contact with the person who sold it to you or to contact our support via http://www.lenovo.com/contact/uk/en/

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Fugazi
What's DOS?
Views: 947
Message 3 of 3

Re: A55 (8982-77G) - Windows 7 & SATA Hard Drive Problem

Hi and thanks for the answer, got it sorted, seems it was a problem withb the hard drive. Once I swopped it for another 200GB SATA drive windows 7 installation picked it up straight away.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors