Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tasco87
What's DOS?
Views: 6,434
Message 1 of 4

A70 fn key problem

Hi all

i have a problem with new thinkcentre a70 and lenovo keyboard.

the keyboard (sk-8821) use as default the f1, f2 f3 (etc) key for specific windows function like volume control or logoff etc; i use this pc in office and i need the f1 f2 f3 with normal function; for example the f3 is used to decrease windows volume but i need it to rename file, i should use the fn + f1 buttons but it's really unconfortable doing that every time i need a f keys...

There is any option that swith the default of this buttons?

Thanks

Anna_M
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,369
Message 2 of 4

Re: A70 fn key problem

I would love to know how to switch this as well. I use the "F2", "F3", etc. buttons more than I adjust volume. Someone, please help!

philm77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,234
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same problem with my Lenovo laptop - it is not the same model as yours tho, so it may be different.

In BIOS settings, under config/keyboard & mouse, I have an option labelled "Fn Key Lock". With this option enabled, the F1-F12 keys work as you described - ie changing volume, brightness etc. With this option disabled, the F1-F12 keys work as normal F keys.

MurphieNB
Paper Tape
Views: 6,137
Message 4 of 4

Just received a new A70-7844 with the same problem keyboard.  I've spent most of the day trying to figure out how to correct, and just now noticed a small program that's loaded on the PC titled 'Lenovo Slim USB Keyboard'.  Clicked on that program, and it's only function appears to be to allow you to change how the function keys operate.  Changed mine, and now the function keys work like they SHOULD.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors