Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cirela
Blue Screen Again
Views: 148
Message 1 of 3

BIOS password ThinkCentre Edge 92

Hello,

So I have this Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge 92 and I cannot for the life of me reset the BIOS password. It doesn't let you do anything without it - installing windows etc. I did get windows on by installing the HDD in another PC and putting it back in the 92, so to just boot i have to press F2 at startup. It's really annoying to have this password on.

Things I've tried:
CMOS battery removal, waiting for at least 30min and then putting it back.

Moving the jumper one pin and then back.

Debug command

debug
-o 70 10 -o 71 aa
-q

Does anybody have other suggestions to try?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 116
Message 2 of 3

Re: BIOS password ThinkCentre Edge 92

We are not able to assist in the removal of passwords.  I refer you to this section of the Forum Guidelines

"No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to subvert safety measures. Nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to, content related to these topics." 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
tanakora
Paper Tape
Views: 34
Message 3 of 3

Re: BIOS password ThinkCentre Edge 92

replace mother board

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors