Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericaeg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 789
Message 1 of 4

Bios update suggestions M58P 7479?

Has anyone had success updating Bios on a M58P 7479 SFF or similar? Mine is currently at bios 5ckt54aus & I was going to try downloading 5cj977a.iso & use a bootable CD to update. A computer shop tried using bios update instructions provided on this site but claimed it kept failing before finishing. Is bootable CD best option and any suggestions re backing up bios prior to update?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 779
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bios update suggestions M58P 7479?

Yes, CD ISO is always the most reliable way to update BIOS (as it bypasses Windows, and any possible problem it can cause -- perhaps your IT guy tried to update that way, and failed.)    There is no way that I know of to backup a BIOS, although the ISO method does a number of checks before going forward with the update to prevent a problem.

You might want to test the memory/processor with MemTest86 before hand to ensure your system is problem free. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 731
Message 3 of 4

If you are still needing to update your BIOS, perhaps this poster can be of help:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M58-max-memory/m-p/3283320/highlight/false#M...

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
ericaeg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 715
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your help Al. Went smoothly thanks to your input. Not sure why the local computer shop wasn't successful! Not difficult when you you have the right knowledge. I did have to reorder boot sequence so that DVD booted 1st, but not that difficult even for a newbie to bios update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors