Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkCentre DesktopsThinkCentre A, E, M, S Series
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-25-2011

Canada

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 1 of 2

Blank screen / cursor after running RR on ThinkCentre

2011-04-25, 23:25 PM

I was given the task of fixing an inlaws desktops that was riddled with viruses.  With so many, there was no way I was going to try and remove them manually.

I decided to run Rescue and Recovery (v.3) on the M52 desktop.  The process appears to run smoothly until it reboots.  I see the Windows splash screen, then a blank screen with a larger mouse cursor that is unresponsive.   The system will not load past this point. 

I removed the third party memory DIMM and ran the RR program again with no luck. 

I've seen threads that it might be related to the MBR.  But I have no means of fixing this as I do not have a physical XP Pro CD.

Any thoughts or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking RR might be a bit screwy.  Is there a way to update it without loading windows?

Options

2484 Posts

04-11-2011

Malaysia

1300 Signins

16673 Page Views

• Views: 16673
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Blank screen / cursor after running RR on ThinkCentre

2011-04-29, 3:56 AM
hey cynosureLenovo,

i would recommend downloading and installing the latest Rescue&Recovery software from the following link

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-60651.html

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)