cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caleb73
Paper Tape
Views: 854
Message 1 of 4

Brand New out of the box M700 Tiny, won't boot into windows.

Bought an M700 Tiny, a few days after ordered got an email saying it will be delayed.  Finally arrived today but got an error on startup "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation".  Called support and was told to contact Microsoft.  "Lenovo is a hardware company and this is a software problem, contact Microsoft".  Of course Microsoft redirects me to Lenovo.  Called Lenovo and was told I needed recovery media which they will send out, will be here in 2 days.  Get an e-mail from Lenovo confirming this, but my address is incorrect in the e-mail.  

Just waiting for one more thing to go wrong so I can return this P.O.S.  Don't see myself giving this company any more business if this keeps up.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 850
Message 2 of 4

Re: Brand New out of the box M700 Tiny, won't boot into windows.

Were you trying to join the computer to a Domain?   If so, this video may help

Windows could not complete the installation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ6IwCEi5Is

caleb73
Paper Tape
Views: 847
Message 3 of 4

The computer won't even boot into windows.  I was asked to try a restore from the partition on disk, and now it's in an endless loop.  I see the black screen with the white Lenovo logo, the screen goes black, and the whole thing starts over again.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 823
Message 4 of 4

Hmmm, sorry to hear that.    Sounds like you got a lemon, I would probably have them send me a new complete unit, you should not have to deal with this on a New PC.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors