cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DT250E
Paper Tape
Views: 1,812
Message 1 of 5

Brand new M715Q will not wake after sleep.

Bought it brand new direct from Lenovo, it has not worked correctly since day one. It is a M715Q Tiny.

When computer goes to "sleep" (which it cannot actually do, it is not alive) it will not "wake up". Fan runs a full speed, and green power button just flashes off and on. Absolutely nothing will restart it except to unplug the power supply.

Spent hours and hours trying to get ahold of Lenovo support, after many hours over a few days of cussing and swearing, I was able to talk to someone. They filed some sort of reapir order. The next day I was told via e-mail the part for the computer was back ordered and no release date. I purchased the thing 3 May 2017!

No one ever looked at it, nothing, how do they know what's wrong with it? I've been trying for a month to get it fixed, it is almost useless!

If I set it so it cannot "sleep" it seems to work, but that is not the solution!

I need to use the thing a work, but can't rely on it.

Any ideas? It has to be a software problem. I've done all the lenovo updates and tests, nothing works!

ElSadek
What's DOS?
Views: 1,707
Message 2 of 5

Re: Brand new M715Q will not wake after sleep.

Hello

I have exactly the same issue. I noticed it immediately after purchase. I contacted technical support and after a series of failed tests they advised me to change the motherboard. Unfortunately, they couldn't find a replacement motherboard. They eventually advised me to return the device. I intend to return the device next week, but I prefer to find a solution and keep the devise. Any ideas?

Guru
Views: 1,700
Message 3 of 5

Hi all,

Have you tried to update your BIOS? Download and install the BIOS from this link to see if it could fix your issue. 

Peter

ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkPad T560 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 | Vibe K5 Plus

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s ; Vibe K5 | K5 Plus ; M0620 Speaker Mod

irush
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,626
Message 4 of 5

Hi DT250E,

We are having the exact same issue.  I've worked with support and they said they needed to replace the system board.  It was back ordered for 4 weeks.  Since it was brand new, I went to my reseller and had them send me a new one.  EXACT SAME ISSUE.  I can't upgrade the BIOS.  They now have a new BIOS version out; different from what I was trying before.  Doesn't help.  I've tried running it from windows, manually from windows, USB stick and bootable CD.  None work.  It acts like it installed, goes to a black screen.  After I power cycle and check the firmware it is still the old one.  I am going crazy with this issue!  Did you find anything else out.  Has anyone else solved this problem?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Isaac

irush
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,600
Message 5 of 5

I found the solution to this issue:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht504463

Looks like support has acknowledge it as a problem and has provided a file for a fix.  I followed their instructions and it worked.  It looks like this was released 7/9/17.  What is unfortunate is that I've spoken to support since this was relased and they were working on replacing the system board instead.  I wish they would all know about these fixes.  I only found this one after doing a very specific google search.  Hopefully this helps the OP and others.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors