Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ignoranus
Paper Tape
Views: 901
Message 1 of 6

Cannot get into BIOS No Matter What Keys Pressed

As the title says, I've been trying for hours to get into the BIOS of my Lenovo PC and I simply can't.

After searching online a bit, I came across a post that said (for an Intel motherboard) that the keyboard and mouse aren't recognized by the BIOS as they are USB devices and one must go into the BIOS and enable USB devices to be booted up before Windows... However, without being able to get into the BIOS I cannot achieve this stupid task that shouldn't even need to be.

I've tried every combination of keys, with and without the Fn key. What brings me to the final conclusion that my keyboard isn't even recognized is the simple fact that popping a Windows disc into the machine and "pressing any key to continue" doesn't work, it times out and boots to the current Windows version.

I've thought of using a PS/2 Keyboard but this Lenovo PC doesn't even have PS/2 connectors on it, so that idea had to be scrapped.

The system is a ThinkCentre M82 with Windows 7 64-Bit on it. The manual itself says to use F1 at POST and when I see the Lenovo logo, it says to press Enter to interupt boot, I've hammered the Enter key and the F1 key. Nothing, absolutely zilch.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 892
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot get into BIOS No Matter What Keys Pressed

If you are using  wireless keyboard, use a wired USB keyboard. 

Ignoranus
Paper Tape
Views: 889
Message 3 of 6

I am using a USB wired keyboard.

I hate wirelessness.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 883
Message 4 of 6

Are you using the front ports?

Ignoranus
Paper Tape
Views: 873
Message 5 of 6

There are 2 ports on the front of the PC, one occupied by a WIFI receiver and 4 ports on the motherboard itself, I have tried all of them.

While doing so, Windows 7 is constantly saying that it has found drivers for my keyboard and it adds several peripheral drivers. Maybe since my keyboard is built for gaming I need to try a standard/generic keyboard.
Ignoranus
Paper Tape
Views: 844
Message 6 of 6

I won't refer to this as a solution, because despite the fact that it worked, it isn't tolerable to me that I need a specific thing to make something work, but with a different keyboard I was able to get into the BIOS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors