cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScottCoffey
What's DOS?
Views: 279
Message 1 of 6

Cannot see Lenovo splash screen with large format monitor connected via DisplayPort

I have a Lenovo M93p model 10A8, connected to a 2560 x 1440 monitor via DisplayPort.  When powering up or rebooting, I never see the Lenovo splash screen, so I can't enter the BIOS.  If I connect a smaller monitor via VGA, I can see the splash screen and can enter the BIOS OK.  

Obviously, it's a PITA to connect another monitor in order to enter setup (or select an alternate boot device).  I've tried tapping the F1 or F12 or Enter keys during boot, but that just prevents the computer from booting at all.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Lenovo Employee Samcheng
Lenovo Employee
Views: 257
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cannot see Lenovo splash screen with large format monitor connected via DisplayPort

Hi ScottCoffey,

welcome to Lenovo forums.

Whether your computer has external Graphic card?and which displayport is connected for 2560 x 1440 monitor? onboard port or external graphic card port?

thanks a lot,

Sam

ScottCoffey
What's DOS?
Views: 218
Message 3 of 6

Re: Cannot see Lenovo splash screen with large format monitor connected via DisplayPort

I'm using the integrated video, connected to the onboard DisplayPort connector.

ScottCoffey
What's DOS?
Views: 138
Message 4 of 6

So no news on this?  

RED61544
Fanfold Paper
Views: 129
Message 5 of 6

I have set up a large screen monitor with my 92p SFF by plugging a HDMI adapter into the display port and connecting the monitor with an HDMI cord.  You can get the adapter on eBay for less than $6.00.

ScottCoffey
What's DOS?
Views: 110
Message 6 of 6

I'm not having problems making it work.  I just can't see the splash screen during boot.  

DisplayPort is the only connectivity option I have.  

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors